Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what springs do i get ?!?!?

Bob__60

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Series 1
I got me a VY S 2002 manual and put some nice 19s on, how low a king springs could i possibly go? i got the guards folded and dont mind some scraping here and there. I need some help from you more experienced guys !!!

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
super lows on back lows on front i think that looks nice

Bob__60

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Series 1
Heard about super super lows and even super super super lows (or ultra lows) how would they go??

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
yeah the guards are rolled should be fine i think there is a few ppl on here who have gone the SSSL's just depends on how you want to drive in terms of speed bumps and driveways and stuff

Bob__60

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Series 1
sounds awesome, ive had low commodores before so im kinda used to having to go slow over bumps etc. will i need shorter shocks?

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
its a good idea to have shorter shocks i would i wouldnt go lower than FE2's with out shorter shocks

bomner12

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss ls1
springs

if u want it low i suggest ssl in front and sssl in rear with 19s u should be tucking a bit of tyre in the rear and front the guard will be in level with the top of the tyre there is a little bit of a gap there

Bob__60

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S Series 1
SSL and SSSL in the rears? how much scrubbing out will i get goin over bumps and stuff ya reckon?? Will i need shorter shocks

ABSLT IDOC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 Executive
If ya wanna go really low then go the SSL up front and the SSSL in back, but if u want 'just legal' but nice i would go the SL up front and SSL in the rear. (this is what i have) i have 18's with XXX/40 and i tuck 10-20mm tyre in the rear and just under 2 fingure widths in front.

would also go with some shortened shocks and struts (about $380 off ebay) best to play it safe and will improve your ride.