Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What to do with my steering wheel???

CHARGEDVT

Veni, Vidi, Vici
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' VTII S pack super6
hi all, My VT has a leather wrapped steering wheel and over the years it has faded and worn out nearly all the way around. So i wanted to know what is the best way to make it look like new again without lashing out a whole lot of cash. id like to just change over the whole steering wheel as the centre part is also a bit faded but id imagine that would start to get difficult and expensive. Also it does have an airbag if that makes any difference. So yeh if any1 can point me in the right direction with their own experiences that would be fantastic. cheers

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
You could get it professionally recovered. I have no idea about cost but mine needs to be done as well.

Caprice5L

Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VXII Berlina
how bout a secondhand one? leather or not. if you can find one in good nick, just change it over.

VT_II_Calais

Car Whore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S-Pack Supercharged V6
I just went through this with my s-pack.

I ended up buying a second hand leather one on ebay - you can get them from about $60-$120 in good nick. Something like this http://cgi.ebay.com.au/VT-VX-WH-Steering-Wheel_W0QQitemZ200402922550QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item2ea8f1ec36

Other options are:
- buy a VY wheel if you want to be a bit fancy
- get the leather redone on your current wheel - I was quoted about $240 or something silly.

Changing it over is a 10 minute job, but you need to pull out a fuse.

ringfeder3

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssz crewman, wm caprice, 2018 prado, hq Belmont u
But some stuff from a shoe repair shop called 'Colonil'...makes the leather look great after a few coats...