Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What to do?

AW3SM

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Hi Guy n Gals, I have a 2010 SV6 3.6 SIDI. The only thing I've done to it so far is put a Cold Air Intake on it but am just about to put extractors and hi flow cats on it and know I will need a dyno tune as well but the problem I have is that when I have rung around I have been told so many different things. One guy said not to waste my money as there wouldn't be any difference, one guy said he wont do 2010 SIDI 3.6L only 2012. And one guy said he tells his customers to expect between 8 - 15 rwkw increase. Do you have suggestions on getting more power? I know I won't have a V8 in V6's clothing and I don't expect to but a bit more power would be nice... Thanks...

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
Tuning for those mods isn't required. Dyno tune for an exhaust and CAI is a waste of money. Mail order tune is fairly straight forward and will get you a better torque curve (it's not all about the RWKW).

The bottom line is that you won't get much more out of this engine in N/A form without doing some serious work, and the development for this engine just isn't there (even with forced induction).

AW3SM

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Tuning for those mods isn't required. Dyno tune for an exhaust and CAI is a waste of money. Mail order tune is fairly straight forward and will get you a better torque curve (it's not all about the RWKW).

The bottom line is that you won't get much more out of this engine in N/A form without doing some serious work, and the development for this engine just isn't there (even with forced induction).

Thanks, So you think its worth getting the extractors and cats with a mail order tune?
And where can I get a mail order tune from?