Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What to get, a VZ SS ute or a VE SS ute

ASAUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SS UTe Cammed
I have a VE SS ute that I use for work purposes and whilst it goes hard (Cammed) I can't help but think if I got another as a project car I'd definitely go a vz or vy. If I was your age and had my time again I'd go for the vy, do it up a shitload then go for the latest model a bit later in life.

NQC'doreVTManual

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 Toyota Hilux D/Cab SR5 4x4 4L V6 Manual
Thanks everyone. Well imo the VE looks better. I'm also guessing by what everyone has said is that the VE isn't much different performance wise. However, in a year and a half's time or so, I should be able to pick up a VZ for about 15-18k but I would think that the VE will still be in the 20s somewhere. The VZ MY06s should be worth say what a VY1 or VY2 is now really in 2013. But the VEs should be worth what the VZ MY06s are now so. And as everyone was saying, the VEs are newer, safer, better looking etc so they're a big plus for me. But extra performance and lower price are also big pluses so yeah it's a bit of a decision. I still think that VZ looks awesome. My dad has a VZ crewman S and it looks pre sweet. Mods I have been planning if I get the VE will be E3 HSV bodykit, audi R8 style headlights, 20" chrome wheels, lowering, big sound system, exhaust, 4000 dollar tune, possibly a walky (or similar) supercharger kit etc. However, some of these things cant be put on a VZ (such as E3 HSV kit, audi R8 style headlights and 20" wheels would be a tight squeeze).

On the other hand, I have always loved the look of the VY SS front end, so I was thinking of a VY at one stage but seems a bit old (around the same age as my magna and I think if I'm gonna get another car I should get one thats a bit newer) and doesn't come with the 6.0L so I ruled that out. I was all for the VE before but have noticed that the VZs are a bit cheaper and have the same, if not, better performance stock which is why I decided to ask for some advice. And the VEs have a bit of a hefty kerb weight (1767kg versus the VZs 1625kg). But I have loved the VE from the day it came out and always wanted to get one so. To people who have driven both, which do you think is better? Thanks

ParkwayDrv

Slave to the game
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Mods I have been planning if I get the VE will be E3 HSV bodykit, audi R8 style headlights, 20" chrome wheels, lowering, big sound system, exhaust, 4000 dollar tune, possibly a walky (or similar) supercharger kit etc.

Quoted for epic lawls

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
Why ask someone else what YOU shoudl get? unless you're getting the car to impress others. Just pay for something you love and enjoy it maaaan which one do YOU want? get THAT one.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Thanks everyone. Well imo the VE looks better. I'm also guessing by what everyone has said is that the VE isn't much different performance wise.

VE Chassis is in an entirely different league. A ton better to drive too.

However, in a year and a half's time or so, I should be able to pick up a VZ for about 15-18k but I would think that the VE will still be in the 20s somewhere. The VZ MY06s should be worth say what a VY1 or VY2 is now really in 2013. But the VEs should be worth what the VZ MY06s are now so. And as everyone was saying, the VEs are newer, safer, better looking etc so they're a big plus for me. But extra performance and lower price are also big pluses so yeah it's a bit of a decision. I still think that VZ looks awesome. My dad has a VZ crewman S and it looks pre sweet. Mods I have been planning if I get the VE will be E3 HSV bodykit, audi R8 style headlights, 20" chrome wheels, lowering, big sound system, exhaust, 4000 dollar tune, possibly a walky (or similar) supercharger kit etc. However, some of these things cant be put on a VZ (such as E3 HSV kit, audi R8 style headlights and 20" wheels would be a tight squeeze).

Bwahahahahahaahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaaha.

On the other hand, I have always loved the look of the VY SS front end, so I was thinking of a VY at one stage but seems a bit old (around the same age as my magna and I think if I'm gonna get another car I should get one thats a bit newer) and doesn't come with the 6.0L so I ruled that out. I was all for the VE before but have noticed that the VZs are a bit cheaper and have the same, if not, better performance stock which is why I decided to ask for some advice. And the VEs have a bit of a hefty kerb weight (1767kg versus the VZs 1625kg). But I have loved the VE from the day it came out and always wanted to get one so. To people who have driven both, which do you think is better? Thanks

No, thank you. You win for the epic arsehat project that will never happen post of the day.

Reaper

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Who tunes for 4 grand...?

I do. Although I have my Christmas sale going - $50 discount for anybody under 21 and wears their hat on backwards. Offer ends 25 Dec 2011. Payment in full now for tuning any time in the next 24 months. Deal of the century IMO. :thumbsup:

Reaper

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Wait till 2013 there will be more and better options to choose from. Whatever you choose now, you will change your mind between now and then. Just post a bunch of posters all over your bedroom so you have something to look at while you do an Al Bundy, stick with the VT, and decide when the time comes.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I do. Although I have my Christmas sale going - $50 discount for anybody under 21 and wears their hat on backwards. Offer ends 25 Dec 2011. Payment in full now for tuning any time in the next 24 months. Deal of the century IMO. :thumbsup:

Reaper

Buggered if I can find it now, but I used to have a photo of some random watching the tennis.. he had a baseball cap on backwards and his hand shading his eyes so he could see the game... priceless...

NQC'doreVTManual

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 Toyota Hilux D/Cab SR5 4x4 4L V6 Manual
Wait till 2013 there will be more and better options to choose from. Whatever you choose now, you will change your mind between now and then. Just post a bunch of posters all over your bedroom so you have something to look at while you do an Al Bundy, stick with the VT, and decide when the time comes.
Don't have a VT bro. Have a look at my profile. Sold it in November 2009. Also I don't under stand what was so funny about the post I made about the mods I wanted to do to a VE. Can someone fill me in please? :p . And yeah theres a 4k tune advertised in motor magazine. Looks like it has some good stuff in it. It's not just a tune, its intake system exhaust system, couple of other things (can't quite remember, an ECU tune possibly) and a dyno tune. As for which one I want, the VE sounds like it's a lot better so I'm thinking the VE, still not 100% sure but am leaning more towards the VE