Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what to look for when buying a vy ss??

marrrk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s pack
so in the next coming weeks i will be looking at purchasing a vy ss. what are some frequent problems that i should look out for??

thanks

Ryan.mate

ryan
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss sandman 5.7
it not being a vy ss? :) joking um not being a manual and a v8 is all i can think about. ohh and bodywork

SUSPEC

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing, at the moment
so in the next coming weeks i will be looking at purchasing a vy ss. what are some frequent problems that i should look out for??

thanks
If its manual, start it and listen for gearbox knocking/rattling. Turn steeering wheel left to right and back for knocking and shuddering. Check clutch fluid colour. Test drive, check brakes firmly for shuddering, do a full circle left and right, listen for diff clunking. Listen to engine at idle for ticking, tapping (will tap abit when its cold but should stop at normal operating temp) open oil cap, check for steam and blow-by. CHECK belt tensioner/idler assembly as ive done 4 of them!! If auto check shift pattens aand check coolant for trans oil (mate brought a vy sv8 with tranny fluid in coolent) thats all i can think of from experience,hope it helps :) great cars!!!

faBReGaS

Reaction score
Members Ride
251rwkw VY SS
Check under the car for common power steering leaks and LSD leaks, CHECK BACK TYRES AND CHECK GUARDS FOR RUBBER, like the above comment check all of the fluid levels and colour, take out the dip stick and smell the oil.. make sure it smells nothing like petrol, ask them what oil he/she uses and how regularly it gets changed. Goodluck with the search mate! VY SS is the shizzz! :)