Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What Type of Filter ??

which one do you have/like

• K&N Panel Filter

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • BMC Panel Filter

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Pod Filter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ryco Filter

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Cheap Brand Filter

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
What Type Of Filter Do You Guys Have In Your 3.8/5.0Lt And How Do You Find It Runs Compared To The Paper Ones ??

M

medz84

i want a k and n filter but really cant be bothered to go get one lol i suppose i should get my finger out and get one

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
I think if you keep your paper one clean then there isn't a heap of difference... plus you don't have to clean so often and stuff around with oiling it.

M

medz84

yeah i thought the same i had one before and it didnt make much of a difference i servive my car very regulary so mines always got a new one in it 100 dollars is a bit too much for me considering i dont really flog my car that often

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 SS V Z Series Manaul Sportwagon
medz84 said:
yeah i thought the same i had one before and it didnt make much of a difference i servive my car very regulary so mines always got a new one in it 100 dollars is a bit too much for me considering i dont really flog my car that often

Ok $100...you say u service your car regulary yes? So how much does a new filter cost you every time and how many times do you change it in a year? work it out and you tell me if its worth saving it for the sake of pulling it out and oiling it every now and then...? just because you dont flog the car doesnt mean you shouldnt have a high flow filter. it also is more fuel effecient and helps me sleep better at night knowing that my car is breathing nicely when I drive her...also sounds nice with the CAI!!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
I only use ryco coz i'm a cheapass.... don't drive much anyways (24000 km in 2 years. and I too don't see the sense in spending so much on a filter. not yet anyways...

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ryco aint ****, its a very good brand in its class, and Repco filters are a complete copy of Ryco, not much difference between them. i was expecting alot more people to have these "pod filters"..

nado69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
ive got a BMC in mine at the moment only set me back like $170 i personally think there way better then the k & n... i also have a hole in the bottom of my air filter with a pipe that runs to the bottom of my car that just brings in fresh ait as well.... i think theres more info on that somewhere on this site too.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
yea i got BMC panel, just bought it tuesday set me back incl oil filter $150. only bought it coz everyone has a K&N Filter and i had the same paper filter in my car for over 30,000 K's. Havnt notice any power increase as in acceleration. but now the CAI is a lil touch louder when accelerating.

paper filters cost couple bucks and you should change them everytime u do a service (thats if you love your car to death) but most people just whack the crap outta it and then hold it up and say "good as new" but if you buy an expensive one atleast you know u dont have to buy a air filter when purchasing products for a service and you know your car is breathing better. (but then agian they arnt cheap)

EDIT:
ruredi said:
and helps me sleep better at night knowing that my car is breathing nicely when I drive her...
LMFAO

Jecsy :thumbsup:

T

turkeychicken

I put a pod filter on mine last night. Havent had much a chance to test it yet. Before that I had the standard panel in a box filter except I cut the box down the whole front face to increase airflow and after doing that I noticed it reved up nicer and sounded better. I cant say that doing any more than that will change the performance untill the exhaust and any other mods allow your car to need more intake but Im happy that its there and ready for the day when it does need it. No preference till tested is my theory.