Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What tyres to fit to 20x10" rears?

JimWagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Stationwagon
I've just picked up a set of offset 20's for my VE wagon but they're in need of replacement rear tyres and I'm wondering if 265's will catch the arches since they've currently got 255 on which look a little stretched!

The car has been lowered by about 50mm on Pedders springs and hasn't had any arch work done.

Will it new the arches rolling or stick with the 255's?

Thanks for any advice.

AZ_SS_WAGON

Reaction score
Hey Mate, i've got a set of 20x10" with 285/30r20, so you'll be fine with 255.

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
265 will only sit a further 5mm out by rights, so check out if you have enough clearance. Most people run 275 on 10" I think.

Also would you be able to post up a angle pic of your 10's with 255 to show the stretch? I wanna get 10's in the future and am undecided on what size tyres, I like a little stretch aswell haha

Cheers

JimWagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Stationwagon
I may have these up for sale soon if the offset means I need to stretch the tyres as I'm not keen on stretched tyres; watch this space!

EnFoRcEr_001

Deano
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 A5
Hope you like the jdm stretched look with anything less then 285 it will look stretched and every pothole will do some decent damage to your rim. You need 285s at the least to stop potholes doing damage. Guard rolling and rear bumper clip modification to take a full load of passengers and full boot.

JimWagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Stationwagon
Have just booked arch rolling but starting to think 9.5's or less would be better for us!

Anyone want a set of 20's with good front tyres?

$700 the lot!

JimWagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Stationwagon
Plus with family coming to visit and baby on the way we'll have a full car most days!

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
Jimwagon what's the offset on your rear wheels? You shouldn't have to change down rim width for fear of tyres scrubbing.

Unless you have a really low offset like +30 (which puts the rear 10" wide wheels roughly inline with the guards) and your tucking massive amount of tyre you should be able to put a 275 or 285 on easily.

Could you please put a pic up so we can see what your working with mate. Oh and best to get your guards rolled to be on the safe side.

JimWagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Stationwagon
In have a feeling the offset is the issue with the rubber I want to put on.

Have the wheels on the garage floor at home so will check when I land there tonight and repost!

Of the offset is off, are there any machine shops that can mill or turn the hub face down to make it more reasonable?

brasher

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
depends how much meat is on the mounting pad, but you should be able to skim a few mm (2-5) on most wheels and keep it structurally fine.