Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what v8 motor and box combo is the best for vs wagon

tivoom

pimpin pizza wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Wagon
hehe, i am in the jap import trade, so yeah... you ever driven a 400hp GTR with a button clutch... not much fun, but viscous 4wd helps keep her on the road, hicas 4 wheel steering, 4 wheel independant double wishbone suspension. the car is designed to stay where you aim it. even still when it comes on boost around a bend itll scare the crap outta ya.

you are talking about an old holden, RWD, probably solid diff (not irs) crappy brakes, sloppy steering. etc etc etc.

edit* sorry, didnt read that last bit about the 441RWKW silvia.... thats some serious work done, i mean SERIOUS work done. from the 2ltr??? or is it a RB26? what is that in flywheel HP? 700-800? to be honest i find it a bit difficult to believe. but even still, better suspension, better brakes, better steering.

na never drivin his car he thinks ill kill myself and hes right its a rb26 and his spent 30kplus on the motor i know **** all about them just know that this thing kills every thing thats ever tryed to line up

yeah its a live diff money aint a prob for him he just wants to play with a v8 with power and somthing diffrent
i think his looking at a ls2 he gose over board on stuff like brakes,suspension ect ect

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Most of those Jap cars that say they have 400rwkw have only half that in real life. That's ALOT of power, 400 rwhp will smoke the tyres anywhere within the speed limit in a early Commodore

tivoom

pimpin pizza wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Wagon
greenfoam it is a lot of hp but that dont mean it cant be done nor dose it mean im a liar it the truth and btw fyi its 441rwkw

only if you want it to!

are you saying a 400rwhp car cant be driven at all with out smoking wheels? i dont think so

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Of course it can be driven, you just wont stick to the road at full power :)

96SEN8R

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS and VS Senator 215i
A head and cam package in an LS1 will make over 400rwhp. Got a few mates with it done.. more so without the ported heads.. but its crazy power for the road.. not undriveable though at all.. However much nicer to drive forced induction car.. If money isnt an issue.. why doesnt he go out and buy a Ve gts and slap a cam in and make 340rwkw with ease?
Also in regards to this bloke smashing everything its lined up against on the road.. How the hell does he put 441rwkw to the ground in a car that light? He would have to be feathering the throttle or short shifting like mad.. Tell him good work for wanting a v8 after owning that.. No replacement for displacement!

tivoom

pimpin pizza wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Wagon
Well 96sen8r he has spent big cash on the cars suspenion brakes the hole car is nuts ay it dose kick out in top cog that's why I can't wait for him to start this car he has way to much cash

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
look, 400 rwkws can be done, and you can get it to the ground, sort of. most of that power will come on mid 4000rpms ish when the turbo fills up the gaps.

anyways, the question was what motor/gearbox, and the answer IMO is simple a BIG FAT CHEV, lol. what are they at now? 427, fuel injected roller engine? is that whats in the new vettes? he will get bags of power from that NA and still be totally drivable.

its just the temptation to put you foot down would be too strong for me and the car would be in and out of the panel shop/tyre fitter/ vic roads after it gets canaried/ the impound lot cos of the new hoon law, etc etc

Nzpure

VS L67
Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 Vs Supa6
441kws in a fixed axle rwd would be ***IN MENTAL lol
yea get a 427 chev crate motor those thing come factory sc in the z06 with 1000 fwhp will that be enuff?

eaton v8

my little sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz 6l auto 239cam 3.9diff
You can't drive 400rwhp everyday. Alot of days there are police around and it also does rain sometimes :)

i think you could and you would be a very happy person 400rwhp would be quite driveable if you could behave. and 96sen8r mabey a blower insted of a turbo for alround drive ability. but i love the turbo rush too

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Can you use 400rwhp on the street in your ute and get it all on the road :)? (no)