Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What was the better series ???

Pick your choice ! :)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caprice-Lover-01'

Reaction score
Members Ride
01' WH Caprice / 98' Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas 4.0L
Well the VXII lost the much more better looking centre console in the Calais
So i figured insted of making it an odd ball out like having the VX Calais then the VXII Commodore.... the VXII Calais looked horrible inside so i canceled out the VXII

Caprice-Lover-01'

Reaction score
Members Ride
01' WH Caprice / 98' Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas 4.0L
The VY series is the King of kings

The VY was the most problematic !!
Especially considering it had the same motor but it wasnt as well built as the others
The VY's had a very fast rushed production 3.8L ECOTEC Variant even though it only says "V6" on the sides of it.... its still an ECOTEC motor

VY's engines were so unreliable

Plus the Calais looked soooooooo cheap with the lack of the Full Woodgrain Centre Dash... they changed it to Silver Plastic from the VXII and on..
But without the full woodgrain centre the Calais's look so hideous

Plus they look so much like a commodore dash with automatic climate control and leather seats

zersys

Bolt Snapper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series II/BMW '02 E39 530i
Especially considering it had the same motor but it wasnt as well built as the others
The VY's had a very fast rushed production 3.8L ECOTEC Variant even though it only says "V6" on the sides of it.... its still an ECOTEC motor

Plus the Calais looked soooooooo cheap with the lack of the Full Woodgrain Centre Dash... they changed it to Silver Plastic from the VXII and on..

Plus they look so much like a commodore dash with automatic climate control and leather seats

I never thought there was so much I could disagree on in one single post.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
ralph_wiggum.jpg

goodie78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina 304 / VE SS Manual LPG
My flat mate has a WH Stato (5.7) and as comfy as it is, and nice to drive, I have always loved the VT SS. I hated the tail light boot garnish in the VX. Build quality of the commodores has improved over the years.
For me, the VZ Clubsport is one of the nicest looking cars every made, followed by the VE R8 then the VE SS (of the modern era).
Of all the cars every built, anywhere in the world the car that I admire most of all is the A9X SS.

Straya!

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Brock Director

I never thought there was so much I could disagree on in one single post.

+1 For Zersys.

Dead set "caprice lover" are you kidding yourself?, the VY was the finale of the ecotec engine and is one of the most reliable and cheap motors to maintain. Holden worked on the eco for years, tuning and tweaking it as they went along and the end result was what is in the VY.

So please, do explain HOW the VY is the MOST problematic? I honestly would LOVE to hear that explanation.

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
+1 For Zersys.

Dead set "caprice lover" are you kidding yourself?, the VY was the finale of the ecotec engine and is one of the most reliable and cheap motors to maintain. Holden worked on the eco for years, tuning and tweaking it as they went along and the end result was what is in the VY.

So please, do explain HOW the VY is the MOST problematic? I honestly would LOVE to hear that explanation.

Agreed. I had a VY for 3 years and it was great to drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.