Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What wattage bulbs to use for High & Low beams?

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Don't bother with Diamond Vision. Less light then factory. Good if you want the fully sick blue light I guess. I use Phillips Xtreme vision +100 55W/60W in the clubby. More then enough light. Also a whiter light.

mattdog12

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Exectutive Commodore(Sedan)
My eyes adjust and react a lot better to a white light compared to factory stock colour despite the little bit less light output. I originally had HID's which were fantastic for my eyes to see the road and surrounds with but i'd rather not have HID's in a non projector headlight housing for the sake of others.

Also, does anyone know the size of the interiors festoon bulb light for an Executive VS Sedan? My tape measurer has gone walkies.

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
My eyes adjust and react a lot better to a white light compared to factory stock colour despite the little bit less light output. I originally had HID's which were fantastic for my eyes to see the road and surrounds with but i'd rather not have HID's in a non projector headlight housing for the sake of others.

Also, does anyone know the size of the interiors festoon bulb light for an Executive VS Sedan? My tape measurer has gone walkies.

I just said they are a whiter globe not like the stock ones. The Diamond Vision is blue....

mattdog12

Reaction score
Members Ride
I just said they are a whiter globe not like the stock ones. The Diamond Vision is blue....

I've looked on a lot of youtube videos. They are 5000k which is pure white. The blue tinge doesn't start till 6000k+

wayneoVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR berlina
i got h.i.d,s in mine for dip and both main beams... 300bux fitted..... i do alot of nite driving so its worth the money to be able to see. . but still going to invest in a light bar to go in the recess infront of the rad just for some extra light

wraith

Reaction score
Members Ride
i got h.i.d,s in mine for dip and both main beams... 300bux fitted..... i do alot of nite driving so its worth the money to be able to see. . but still going to invest in a light bar to go in the recess infront of the rad just for some extra light

He had HID's but took them out so he wasn't being a tosser and blinding people....

wayneoVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR berlina
mine are correctly aimed bud so never been flashed when driving towards people ;)

mattdog12

Reaction score
Members Ride
All the ballasts and extra wiring etc under the hood also gave me the shits with HID's which is another reason i chucked them.

wayneoVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR berlina
depends whos installing them i guess.. mines pretty tidy. never had a problem.