Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what wax to use

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
Those ads always amazed me that people would consider 52 car washes the same as a year in the sun and on the roads picking up road grime and crap.

I guess some people took the bait, it's still on the market

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
52 carwash's = 52 times your cars paint gets pounded to death... but it still beads!! and thats the all that matters!..not!!!

blasta1

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE
thanks for the reply tinsnips i doubt that any product could last five years but decided to give it a try after all it was free so nothing to loss i suppose it really has picked up the gloss considerably which has amazed me as my omega is second hand i only purchased it after having my old hiace written off about 9 weeks ago and the paint is reasonable on it but not new by any standards so im quite surprised but i think the pre cleaner is the main reason it looks good as the crap that came off into the foam application pad was scary even after a clay blocking so i will give a report in a few months as to how it stands up it will be interesting to see .also would there be any benifit in puting there brazilian wax over the top of the sealer or am i just wasting my time . and thanks again for the reply tinsnips from one unskilled car cleaner to another LOL

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
mmmm brazillian wax

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
thanks for the reply tinsnips i doubt that any product could last five years but decided to give it a try after all it was free so nothing to loss i suppose it really has picked up the gloss considerably which has amazed me as my omega is second hand i only purchased it after having my old hiace written off about 9 weeks ago and the paint is reasonable on it but not new by any standards so im quite surprised but i think the pre cleaner is the main reason it looks good as the crap that came off into the foam application pad was scary even after a clay blocking so i will give a report in a few months as to how it stands up it will be interesting to see .also would there be any benifit in puting there brazilian wax over the top of the sealer or am i just wasting my time . and thanks again for the reply tinsnips from one unskilled car cleaner to another LOL

A carnauba wax (yes it's from Brazil mostly, but people will get confused if you call it a Brazilian wax - one stops things sticking to your paint, the other stops things sticking to your teeth o_O ) will sit on top of the synthetic sealant and help it last longer. It will also add some warmth and depth to the finish, and help it look a little more alive, as some acrylic sealants can look a bit sterile, or like the car is wrapped in plastic. Depends on the colour of your car though as to if the wax will benefit the appearance. On white or silver, I wouldn't really bother, on darker or more vibrant colours then I often like the look of a wax - and on black, that's the look you want. The wax won't have it's full durability on top of a sealant though, so you'll need to top up the wax each month (to be honest, most don't last much longer than that anyway. On a paler colour, I'd be more inclined to add a layer or two of the sealant and top up every couple of months. Also, I'd invest in a good quick detail spray to use after each wash in between top-ups. Some of them can add some real shimmer to the finish, and the polymer based products will leave behind an extra 'sacrificial' layer of protection that will last to the next wash. They help to remove any mineral deposits left behind by tap water than can leave spotting on your car. They're also just handy things to have on hand.

And there are a few products on the market that will last 5 years, or even more - none of them, though, used as dealer paint protection.

mmmm brazillian wax

Settle down.. not that kind of wax...

...sadly.

blasta1

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE
thanks again for the advice tinsnips and sorry to get ya heart racin like that ricey i forgot how the word brazilian can affect a bloke .