Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What Wins

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
Aerodynamics at higher speeds.

Cubby said:
VS would win out of the three. Mind you I used to have a VT 98 [stock] and I dragged my mates VS after he had put an exaust on it and I beat him by about a car and a half [don't ask my how, he actually beat me off the mark AND I did a **** launch] but then I crept up and steadily past him. We dragged to about 200 ks and I ended up beating him by about a car and a half.

In the initial stages, aerodynamic drag is irrelevant. As speeds rise, the drag becomes a bigger issue.

The VT and later has significantly better drag coefficient, so it would seem reasonable that it would sneak ahead of the VS at higher speeds.

D

danny6424

Ive dragged my mates vs manual and won. And my other mates VX auto and won. So i would say the vs auto would win.

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
why do most people assume that a 5 speed will beat an auto? my mate and i both have vl sedans with same mods and both got our rb30's recon'd at the same time, same ride hight, both without a bodykit, the only difference is mine is auto and his is 5 speed,(oh and the colour), i beat him every time and to mix things up we swapped and then he beat me in my car, just coz a manual has a clutch and has more gears to rev out quicker dosnt mean the have an advantage.

GreenGremlin

Reaction score
Website
www.brockcommodores.com
Members Ride
VK Calais
hahahaha!! those cars LOOK so gay. i've pumped a 180sx (ok not a 200) in my vk, stock 308, might also add that i was having carb problems around the time i raced... some are quick theres no arguing, but lets face it asian cars have no character or soul...