Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what wire harness will i need

benno9911

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY S2 Exec
what one will i need just for an aftermarket head-unit i already got a the dash fancier and the adapter for the areal but i cant seem to find any wiring harness that looks right for it

benno9911

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY S2 Exec
found it Universal Male ISO Connector worst thing is no one sells this connect in my town and i have to wait like a whole week is there anyone around using one of these

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
just hard wire it in , all you need is a multimeter to see which wire does what

benno9911

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY S2 Exec
dose that mean i have to pull out the whole center dash cause?

H Bomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais
nah mate should be easy, there is some posts on here about it but you just need the ISO male plug which will plug straight in, but I had a Calais and i had to snip the loop that the ISO plug had made for the power aerial to get it to work properly and also the acc and constant power red and yellow also needed to be swapped so before you solder them up and click in the head unit fascia thing just make sure you set some preset radio stations and it keeps them when you turn off the ignition and open the door and the power gets cut to the head unit, if the stations dissapear you have the acc and constant power around the wrong way and its not getting the "constant" power for the radio presets and clock. You dont need to pull the dash off either, just make a tool (which is also here somewhere) out of coathanger to slide in and pop the old head unit out, take out the cage it sat in and the new new plastic holder and head unit mounted to that should clip straight in.........there is heaps of posts on here if you need more info, thats how I found the info for mine. You wont have steering wheel controls though.

benno9911

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY S2 Exec
well i have owned my vy for a week now haven't touched the steering control's once so i guess i can do with out them

STEEV888

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 200sx.
steering controls are the best.. after driving my car i try to use them in my excel and then feel stupid

benno9911

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY S2 Exec
nar i never do even when i was on my l's driving my mums vy calais never used them but i found a harnnes went to every bloddy auto shop (only have 4 of them) and found one it was they only one in my town but after all that my rc cable broke for my amp so no sub at the moment i am just about to upload some photos of my install so far now

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vy-vz-wk-wl-v2/148356-my-2003-vy-s2-executive.html