Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What would you do? (VT)

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
Other half's little brother is looking for his first car. A VT came up near us and i wondered what you guys thought.

The car runs and starts well, can't fault it - a slightly stiff accelerator is the only thing noticeable.

Body and interior are well worn, as a car nearly 12 years old would be. Missing aerial, speaker covers in back doors are cracked, general scratching around the inside and out, though i reckon the outside would buff out well. Small dent in rear quarter, it has been rust treated and painted over but you can still see it, it's an easy fix though.
15- 16 inch alloys, pretty ugly but would polish up.
Surface rust in a few panel joins around the car (boot edges, upper radiator support, lower inside front doors) but nothing in the structural parts of the car (from what we can see). A little rust in the top corners of the rear screen and the rubber at the bottom of the rear screen is warped - possibly because of rust but can't tell - is this a known rust spot?
After you use the blinker and the stick centres you can hear the flasher can still clicking for a while, though the actual blinkers don't keep going.

Has 212000 k's on it and apart from some electrical work the chick reckons it hasn't had mush else done.

They have it advertised with RWC and 10 months reg for $4800, or $4000 without reg and RWC.

We'd buy only with the RWC and rego but do you think $4800 sounds ok or not? I know it's a big question based on what i have written here but any thoughts appreciated.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
sounds ok. Km's are getting high. does it have log books up to date etc. btw i saw a VY for 6k the other day

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
nah no books, the chick claims to be good with services but no so flash with general cleaning etc of the car. Given how it runs though i wouldn't be to concerned. Just have no idea what these things are going for these days.

vlv8vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
unreal, thanks for that - i'll have a bit more of a look.

VT97CALAIS

VT-Best Holden shape!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 S1 VT Calais /A4
VTA666 what a nice rego plate :)
VT Auto 666 Evil hehe meant to be a red car with those plates i reckon.
Its a good buy I would suggest u buy it!

Cheers,
VT97Calais

djeyecon

black is back.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Ute 3.8 S V6
too expensive by the sounds of things.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
moved to correct area(not a my ride thread) :p

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
$4800 with 10mths rego and rwc sounds fair for a VT.
The interior parts are fairly cheap for VT's from the wreckers these days and easily replacable.
BUT... For $4800. you can pick up one in better nick (no rust ect...)

It sounds like more trouble than whats it worth body wise.

Longman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6.0 Auto
I wouldn't touch it. I'm seeing top condition V6 VT's in dealers here for that price, sounds like it's had a hard life.