Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What would you get and why?

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Hate to break it to ya, but 25 isn't the golden age for insurance anymore :( It's more of a sliding scale till you're 40... Suggest you get a few quotes before you start looking at cars, you might be surprised.

This is coming from a number of insurance sales reps and my own personal experience of getting quotes.

VY2SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 2 SS
Out of what you picked, Z clubby by miles, VE looks like something that escaped the abortion bucket, looks big, chunky, cheaply made etc.

thank you :)

itsn8o

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Hate to break it to ya, but 25 isn't the golden age for insurance anymore :( It's more of a sliding scale till you're 40... Suggest you get a few quotes before you start looking at cars, you might be surprised.

This is coming from a number of insurance sales reps and my own personal experience of getting quotes.

I've gotten a few quotes. They're certainly affordable, actually less than what I was paying last year for my V6 VX.

itsn8o

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
go a wrx ;)

Out of what you picked, Z clubby by miles, VE looks like something that escaped the abortion bucket, looks big, chunky, cheaply made etc.

Test drove a rex, I'm 6"3 - so decided against it pretty quick. Don't like 4 pots either. I'm looking for more cylinders, not less.

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
If you have the money for the VE SSV then i'd go for that, the reason being is that its a safer car and they have spent much money on it to make it better then the older commodores. But i have to agree a WRX is still awesome, you'd be mad not to at least test drive one :)

the_trademarc

The Cult Of Personality
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Members Ride
E-Series 1 Clubsport R8
go a wrx ;)

You might not agree with the looks of the car (which I quite look, its different, but its an opinion, everyone entitled to one), but technologically and mechanically, the E-Series is miles ahead of the Z.
If OP's buying a car for looks, then Z's the way to go, I love the way they look. But for a car as a whole, the E-Series is quality. An awesome drive, and the steering and handling is much more superior to the Z's.

Kikki

WA Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.christielynphotography.com
Members Ride
08 VE SSV Sportswagon & 03 VY S Pac
VE SSV :D although just because your not 25 doesn't exactly make insurance cheaper, there's still a high price for a V8.

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
Get out there and do some tyre kicking at the dealers, test as many different cars as you can so then you can make up your own mind on what you prefer.

B

BXHD

definately VZ Clubby.. way better made.. looks 12487598234659234 X better and its a HSV :D

VzVzVz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S ute
Bog-standard SS ute. They're tail happy and sound good. What more do ya want?

Oh, and manual