Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whats Better Turbo Or V8

Turbo or V8 Better

• Turbo

Votes: 31 93.9%
  • V8

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
M

Modesty_VK

V8's are better.....come on u can't beat that sound they make

VZLAD

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
Love turbo's on V8's spec. on gen111 nyuck nyuck

midnight.outlaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S series 2
It would be cool to see a Turbo VL drag a V8 VL, stock or modified.

Jase

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Well I voted for turbo, an eight is good, and i do like the noise, but I like the sound of a nice spool, some cooler flutter. Pretty close call though.

v8 vl vs vlt... im yet to see a decent v8 vl.. apart from one in particular. don't think its quick though.

Troy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Auto 128rwkw, VZ V6 Lumina wagon stock
I know this is blasphemy, but i test drove some fords the other day (no hate mail please ). Namely the XR8 and the XR6 turbo. And i hate to say it, (someone slap me), there not half bad. The XR6 turbo is quick and quiet, with a faint wistle from the turbo, the XR8 sounds absolutely fat when up it and goes equally as hard, id have to say it is one of the best sounding 8's i've heard.
To choose between the two would be hard, buy the 8 for the sound, or get the turbo 6 and spend the 5 grand difference between the two makin' it go hard .

Now if only holden would pull their finger out and do something like ford has so that people like me don't get tempted to do something silly and go buy something from the opposition.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
I'd happily own an XR6t. The new shape kicks ass and they've done a great job. the xr6turbo's are already getting modified by people with too much money and i think they are running 11's.

TheLucksta

Reaction score
There is a twin-turbo kit in development for the LS1, so i think that takes the cake!!!! Or how about Eddy Tassone's TT 383ci V8 VH, 8.11 second quarter mile mmmm!!!