Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What's involved in dealer delivery? (Removing plastics etc..)

SimoHDK

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE Commodore SV6 Z-Series - Manual
Hey All,

So I might be getting a new Z-Series SV6 soon, and as a detailer I obviously don't want them to touch the paintwork. I'm going to request that they don't wash it, or even remove any pre-deliverly waxes / glazes etc that may have been applied at factory (Do Holden do this?). Quite simply they are not going to go near the paintwork.

That got me thinking, what else do dealers do during delivery? I know there is usually writing and stickers on the glass, and plastic wraps on the seats? I might even get them to leave all this stuff on too. Last thing I want is scratched glass after they have tried to attack a sticker or something.

I know it sounds pedantic but I like things being perfect. So does anybody else know what goes on during this stage?

Last edited:

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
Interesting question. I've always wondered what the 1500 dollar charge for dealer delivery is, whether its just to transport the vehicle from the factory to the dealership or if they charge for prep work once it arrives.

SimoHDK

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE Commodore SV6 Z-Series - Manual
I assume it would, and well I'd obviously let them do that!

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
PD Inspection includes (but isn't limited to);

-check vehicle numbers
-fluid levels
-inspect vehicle paint for defects/damage
-check underbody for damage
-check tension of bolts
-set radio/clock
-check tension of wheelnuts
-roadtest vehicle to make sure it's performing ok

Plus some other stuff I CBf writing out on my phone

Sent from here, so you can read it there via iPhone.

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL

SSVAGON

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII SV6 Ute
They also charge this to cover the first so called "free" service at 3000ks.

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
i would say stop being so pedantic and just let them do it
they are always going to charge you for it anyways
they dont go out of their way to damage cars so it should be safe

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Dealer Delivery charges are unjustified and a rip-off. Refuse to pay. If the dealer sells you a vehicle that is 'unfit for purpose' then they are possibly in breach of Consumer Laws. If they insist that the 'charge' is justified and 'lawful' ask them to show you the invoice they received from Holden in which it shows the price they paid as being the same as that they intend on charging you. Bet they won't show it. If they still insist ask them to provide you with an itemised account as to how they arrived at whatever it is they are hoping you will pay. Bet they can't and won't. If people relaised that selling a car is all about applied psychology. The salesperson identifies aspects of behaviour in you and then sets out to exploit that. One of the biggest weaknesses that a person exhibits is their desire 'to must have that car'. When shopping you must NOT exhibit such behaviour. You must remain calm and indifferent. "Yeah mate maybe I'll buy the Holden, perhaps a Ford maybe even a Toyota etc". Worst thing that you can do is 'fall in love with any particular vehicle'. Soon as that becomes apparent, forget about any discounts, deals or extras. You will have lost any means (psychologically) to negotiate to your advantage. Be prepared to rurn and walk away if you don not get exactly what YOU want. Be that zero Dealer Delivery, additional accessories supplied and installed at no cost, reduced purchase /selling price, increased allowance for your trade-in etc. Stand your ground and be firm in your resolve. In conclusion, dealer Delivery is not a mandatory payment it is applied by the dealer in order to maximise their profits afterall they are in business to make money - preferably yours.