Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What's involved in lowering a VY?

Mohi

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy commodore executive S2
Pedders say they'll put on just the springs including installation and wheel alignment for $660.

From others expirience, is it worth getting just the springs to start off with? and then if I want it put on the shocks later.

Yup, i think you will be fine, as i had my vy lowered few ,months back for only $380 from tyre factory including all new low king springs with stock shocks and its all good , i got 18's and the body sits just on the top of tyre,...

Ignited-SV6

Sleek and Class
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina
Yup, i think you will be fine, as i had my vy lowered few ,months back for only $380 from tyre factory including all new low king springs with stock shocks and its all good , i got 18's and the body sits just on the top of tyre,...

Got any pics of your car?

Still unsure whether to lower it without shocks first. I'm getting the HBD front lip first and the rear calais skirts. I'll probably look at lowering toward the end of the year.

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
I have sl kings in my vy executive with the kyb short shocks provided by gsl rally and can only further recommend this combo. Havnt had one problem and the shocks have been going strong for about a year now. Car rides great to.

Mohi

Reaction score
Members Ride
Got any pics of your car?

Still unsure whether to lower it without shocks first. I'm getting the HBD front lip first and the rear calais skirts. I'll probably look at lowering toward the end of the year.

At the moment am at work , so cant upload them , company policy but will do as i reach home.

Mohi

Reaction score
Members Ride
So here is my vy with kings springs with stock shocks.....

Attachments

• car.jpg
    car.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 1,489