Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whats it worth? Vh sle?

kimaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore SLE
I probably would if rego wasnt such a rip! I probably drove it less than 10 times last year, so thats already $70 per drive before including fuel insurance plus other expenses.

I really wanted it on club reg by now. Im so annoyed, i am part of the lions pride club in vic, but they just updated their club reg requirements recently from:

You have to be financial for at least 12 months - no worries
You have to be an 'active' member - thats ok, just turn up every now and then.
Annual inspection - most clubs do that..

Now they changed it that you have to turn up to at least 3 club events with your car each year, and 3 club meetings

For me this is too difficult, i am almost married, rennovaing a house and about to start a family. It just sucks that you have to jump through hoops to get club reg!

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Club rego is a very restricted avenue, what aside from the odd shake down run around the corner or to the mechanics you are only permitted to drive on sanctioned events, I don't see the problem with club rego, it's not for everyone.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
I probably would if rego wasnt such a rip! I probably drove it less than 10 times last year, so thats already $70 per drive before including fuel insurance plus other expenses.

I really wanted it on club reg by now. Im so annoyed, i am part of the lions pride club in vic, but they just updated their club reg requirements recently from:

You have to be financial for at least 12 months - no worries
You have to be an 'active' member - thats ok, just turn up every now and then.
Annual inspection - most clubs do that..

Now they changed it that you have to turn up to at least 3 club events with your car each year, and 3 club meetings

For me this is too difficult, i am almost married, rennovaing a house and about to start a family. It just sucks that you have to jump through hoops to get club reg!

didn't you say you wanted a Torana though ? I assume it would also be a V8, so same situation ?
I'm in the same boat. I pay $1000 per year for my VH rego. I average around 1000km per year with the VH. I considered club rego, but far too many restrictions.
I also pay over $400 per year for my motorbike which probably does about the same kms per year.....:s Then there's my daily driver ute, around $700 per year

kimaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore SLE
Yeh you are so right, same situation with a torry!
It costs so much to have toys!

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
Yeh you are so right, same situation with a torry!
It costs so much to have toys!

yeah gotta pay to play

Every-time I cringe out how much money on waste on cars & bikes, I justify it by reminding myself better off spending money on cars than booze and smokes. I don't drink or smoke, I spend my play money on my wheels!

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
4 different VH owners have said to put it on for 6k, if you don't get any interest at that price then drop it and we can all eat our words, there's no harm in trying to maximise sale price, have a look at the current market, almost every VH SL/E comparable to yours if for sale around 6k.
Exactly!!!!
when I purchased mine 5 yr ago it was advertised for 7k, I got it for 5.5k only coz I was fussy and pointed out all the faults that the owner didn't really notice or phase him and I knocked him down.

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
i would be interested in it at 5k if you were thinking of selling

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
Another thing that affects pricing is whether you are selling it with a RWC or not, no RWC makes cars harder to sell.

MAXDEMILLION

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve SS
You I'm Sydney ? If your serious hit me up. Il buy it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk