Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whats it worth?

pikey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Ute Manual 2009
Hi All

I am thinking of selling my 2003 VY SS Sedan..Its in excellent condition with 101k on the clock..Its Auto and white with charcoal cloth trim..All in good condition with service history from Holdens.4 New Tyres just fitted.What would be a fair price to expect for this car?
Car is located in Perth.Its hurts to sell it but needs must
Alan

phatsix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
ill buy it for 15? :D:D:D

have a look on car sales. i think like $20+

melissasd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I paid $19k for my 2004 Vy SS in Perth in December. 100,xxxkm on the clock, holden service history, Auto, red.

That was from a dealer.
Have a look around I guess, have a look in the Quokka aswell to see what it's worth.

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
Alan

1. Go to Used Cars - New Cars - Search New & Used Cars For Sale - carsales.com.au select Research and then select Car Valuations. This gives you a very good idea of what a dealer will pay you on a trade in and gives a range of asking prices for private sales. ( In practice it can vary a bit State by State though depending on the type of car)

Go through the ads on carsales for like vehicles in your area with similar KMs and you will get a good guide on asking prices. In most cases neither dealers nor private sellers are getting the asking prices you see in these ads and some of the asking prices around are far too high.

2. Go to a few dealers and get a trade in price on a new VE SS. Anything you can get over that money(and you will get more on a private sale) is a bonus.