Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whats the best Hi-flo cats to use

Cocopopz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS MY9.5, VL LS2
I am fitting a xforce 3inch exhaust and extractors to my VE SS. The whole system is mild steel. I have been looking for a set of hiflow cats but can only find them in stainless. Now as far as I know you cant weld stainless to mild steel, yes?
So what can I use? they need to be a short body cat like those metal cats to fit in a rather tight space.
I was thinking of using stainless ones and flanging both ends but that meens I will need a pipe going from the extractors to the cat and this ends up with a lot of little pieces to make up the system.

GOTMYN

Stab it and Steer...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Whippled 5.7, VE SV6, GU Patrol 3.0DI

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Check out Sureflo's Ballistic cats, IMO some of the best on the market. 100cpsi and come in a huge range of sizes to suit all applications. Never heard a bad word about them.

JGlinatsis

Ratty
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive 3.8 V6
Im using a 2.5 metallic CAT it runs good as worse comes to worse you can gut out your stock one dose the same job but very illegal

GOTMYN

Stab it and Steer...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Whippled 5.7, VE SV6, GU Patrol 3.0DI
Im using a 2.5 metallic CAT it runs good as worse comes to worse you can gut out your stock one dose the same job but very illegal

Never just Gut Stock cat's, You will go backwards!!
The chamber the becomes a sink of turbulent air, and will restrict flow dramatically!!
If you ere to consider it, and yes very very illegal, you run a pipe through the centre of the cat's, eliminating the chamber.......
Your car will be antisocially loud, barky and stink....

Get some descent cat's and your 200% better off :)

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
As far as I know the Magna Flow cat is the only 200 cpsi cat that is EPA compliant and road legal. I do them as well, same price but less postage.