Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whats the best holden for a 'cheap' project car ?

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
You make a project car because you want to have something to achieve, you wont ever finish with a project car, sell it and get close to the outlayed value.

If you want a project car, get one because you want something to do. Dont even think about the resale.

Picking a project car? Depends what you want from the project, speed? Something showy?

Personally id love a Sandman, or just a simple HZ panno (so im not butchering a genuine Sandman). Slap a 304 in it and deck out the back with fold out lounge/bed and a TV.

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
Resto an old HQ or something. There seem to be a few parts for them around and they look fantastic when done right

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
a hq would be cool or a tory thay r fun to drive, stuff geting a commodore get some thong with style that every one doesent have

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
You'll never get back the money you put into it, so throw that idea out the window from day 1. VLs are cheap as ****, and because they run the RB engine parts are easy to come by from the rice market.

I'd side with minux (for once ;) ) and say get the a VT V8. I'll be a nice car to drive, and quick and cheap. Plenty of parts still around too, because tons of parts are shared from the VT to the VZ.

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute, diesel landcruiser 100s, hq panel van
ive always had the idea to restore and rebuild a nice hq tonner with a 308. maybe not going to be the fastest thing, but something that intersts me.
cheers johnny

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
a hq would be cool or a tory thay r fun to drive, stuff geting a commodore get some thong with style that every one doesent have

Only me and 299 other people have my commodore ;) Plenty of style

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Haha Get a Charger mate:D
Forget resto work ect This 1 is 4 sale in the trader @ the moment for 24k with a 360 V8:yeah:
although if you want to restore a Holden of some sort a nice HQ Kingswood can look good when done right:thumbsup:

Attachments

• new 1.JPG
    new 1.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 18,329

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
i plan on getting a hz tonner and dropping either a charged alloytec (to be different) or a ls3, an possibly squeeze an irs setup into the back of it (just to be different)

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
go something hq-wb. easy too chuck a ls1 into as they came out with a 350 so you dont need engineers certificates.

You will still need an engineers certificate. An LS1 is only a 346.