Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What's the cost of a crate engine landed from Summit Racing

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
The price of that engine is in us $. Aus dollars $18555.00. I suppose you realise that?
Yeah. One can dream though.

Reactions: Lex

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Well, the 100% increase in LS3 price over the 5 years won’t show up in the official CPI numbers o_O

Heck, the CPI basket of goods doesn’t even include petrol in the same way it used to pre 76. The ABS graph 2 in this link highlights the deviation from CPI post 76 (what I call the screw factor)… Government spin obviously projects a different story :rolleyes:
Nothing that goes up in price substantially actually ends up in the CPI calculation. The CPI measure is a complete crock of shite.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Nothing that goes up in price substantially actually ends up in the CPI calculation. The CPI measure is a complete crock of shite.
Yep the real inflation rate is always much higher than the official inflation rate...

Bigfella237

Reaction score
Members Ride
More cars than I've got space to park!
Yep the real inflation rate is always much higher than the official inflation rate...
And much, much higher than the rate of wages increases!

Bring on parity with the AUD-USD again I say (I should've bought a heap more stuff last time we were there).