Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whats up with my door?

Ray De Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
SII SSV REDLINE M6
Hi guys, yet another problem with my car!
The C/locking is playing up. When I go to lock the doors via the remote it chirps notifing me theres something wrong. You can see that the door knob thing is still up on the drivers door and door is unlocked as alarm will sound once opened. I have removed door panel and checked everything, applied duck oil to moving parts but still have issue. When I put gear into (D) all door locks go down (as setup in the menu mode) and drivers door is locked. It once nearly locked me out but luckly I had window ajar as I just closed the door and it actually locked itself somehow! Anyway I now use the key to unlock/lock the car up with no issues (touch wood) but key seems to stick sometimes to remove it, so I have to tilt it up slightly and out it comes...

I'm guessing something has malfuctioned somewhere in the C/L system (drivers door) but which? The actuator to lock assembly or the lock itself? What would you replace first and has any experienced this before? If lock was changed does it need to be synced back to BCM or i it just a diect replacement part?

Thanks in advance

Ray

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
It seems more like the button on the doors which closes the circuit to indicate its open/closed is sticking and/or malfunctioning, this would give the chirp when trying to lock.

Ray De Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
SII SSV REDLINE M6
Thanks for your response. Are you talking about the button on top of the door panel or this located behind inside door? Is it an easy fix? Will that explain why the key is sticking also?

KORZMASTER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder Ute
this has just started happening to me lately the drivers side door will look its self the moment the door shuts and as i only have one key for the car so I'm am stuffed if i accidentally leave the key in there so really keen to hear how i can stop this, also the unlock button on my key is playing up sometime in mid range not sure if that has anything to do with it

Ray De Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
SII SSV REDLINE M6
Anyone willing to assist. Problem still there, what do I need to replace?

vr wagoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz calais
Actuator. Had the same problem lastweek, cost me $104 from holdens and replaced it in about half an hour.