Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

whats with the f.s section?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vnss
all the threads are locked from half way down pg 5, why?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
they lock after a certain time period because we got sick of clowns posting in a 3 year old thread offering to buy the item.

wildss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vnss
well thats not bad i guess cos i got sick of seeing a 2 yr old thread revived with :is this still for sale?"

but would it be possible to send pm to the seller asking if he still wanted the thread open like carsales make you do with their ads?

that way some threads could stay open if the items were still for sale and the others would be closed cos the seller hasnt logged in for ages to check pm's

does that make sense?

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
It's easier from a moderation point to simply close those threads rather than send PM's which probably won't get answered anyway, I think 60 days is being fairly generous.

If there hasn't been any response in 60 days I think it's fair to say it's gone, there's nothing stopping a member in PM'ing the user in question asking whether it was still for sale.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Top idea - well done.

dynamytedave

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SS-V Redline SportWagon, 2003 CV8R Monaro
Why don't you just delete the thread after 60 days to stop all the confusion? Plus it will free up some room on the server. Seems logical to me, but what would I know?

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
It's easier from a moderation point to simply close those threads rather than send PM's which probably won't get answered anyway, I think 60 days is being fairly generous.

If there hasn't been any response in 60 days I think it's fair to say it's gone, there's nothing stopping a member in PM'ing the user in question asking whether it was still for sale.

yeah leave it like that. I'm sure if someone wants the thread open, they can PM a mod, and get it reopened.

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
Why don't you just delete the thread after 60 days to stop all the confusion? Plus it will free up some room on the server. Seems logical to me, but what would I know?

Threads are linked to the trade rating system so they must remain in order to be linked back to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.