Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

whats wrong?

D

damo15

ok well last few days car not being it self!

1. the other night the dipstick for the transmission fluid disided to pop out and make transmission fluid go every where. any suggestion? or do i just need a new dipstick?

2. wen the car revs it sounds really laggy n crap.

3. wen the cars just idling its clickin, like a tic tic tic tic noice which i definatly dont like the sound of!

whats wrong wif my poor car plz reply quick
cheers damo :flame:

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
You don't say which came first: if it was the trans dipstick popping out (which has a lock to prevent it coming out), then maybe oil spewed everywhere and somehow has shorted out a plug wire or something which is causing the miss (tic tic). That is a long shot guess. If the trans dipstick popped because of excessive pressure inside the auto due to severe overheating then you probably need a new transmission. Good luck.

D

damo15

u possibly could be right either way
i hope its not a new tranny has anyone else had this problem b4?

Hytes

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VS Berlina S1
Hey damo15, not too sure about the first prob, second one could be a simple case of your car needs a good ol' service, and the third could be worn tappets? Is the tic tic tic sound always there at idle or does it just do it for a while after start-up then 'dissappear'? My dad's, excuse the bad language, 'Ford' use to have pretty bad tappet knocking and it used to sound like what you've described.

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Well, shorting out the electrics could be the problem, suss out how far the tranny fluid shot out and go from there. The tic-tic-tic noise, has it just started doing that recently or has it done that for a while? I was going to say that the injectors do make a fair bit of noise, especially with the bonnet up. Other than that, maybe you have a sticky valve, which could also explain the power loss. Let us know what you find...

D

damo15

ok the dip stick comin out was first. i think ur right bout the service. and the old ford ute that i hav b4 my commie had the same sort of ticing noice so u could be right about the tappets, altho the car isnt running as bad now it was mostly just the night the dipstick poped out. i'll keep u guys informed about whats happening

daniel VR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Acclaim S2
yeah keep me updated cos mine does that tapping noise and has bad acceleration!!! and find out if it can cause serious damage to the car... thanks

Ash81x

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais
i would be worried about your gearbox, my old auto used to piss fluid out the breather due to a big build up in pressure which apparantly happens once they are farked :( if your breather hose was blocked then the pressure would come out the only other way it could which is out the dipstick

P

play

check your valves may need tightening,maybe exhaust valves beckfiring,just a suggestion don,t shoot the messenger. :whistling

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
hey play, the valves on the V6's are self adjusting through the hydraulic lifters, thus, you should never need to adjust the valve lash. as for the exhaust valves backfiring, you are pretty close there, they could be a little sticky in the guides, which causes them to be open partially when they are not supposed to be.