Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What's your fuel consumption?

Brisbarnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh sle
Just curious to see what consumption ppl are getting with there v8's.

New motor and heavy foot I'm getting 22/100k. (Vh with vnv8 n cam)

Old motor in vn returned 13/100k(v8)

I know I can get way better economy i just haven't tried.

monkey

Donating Member
Reaction score
Consistent 11L per 100km. VX SS manual with extractors and 2.5" twin sys, thats it, unfortunately.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
I get around 10L/100km steady cruising at 100-110kph on the highway, that's with 'lean on cruise' mode disabled, because the 02 sensor is stuffed so I disabled it to prevent codes coming up. I can't be arsed replacing it lol. So it could potentially do a bit better again.
not sure what I get around town, I hardly ever drive it around town. I'd imagine it wouldn't be great
Definitely chews the juice when I give it some stick though. I went through around 3/4 tank (80L tank) over 4 x 15 minute sprint sessions at Lakeside Raceway :driving:

Last edited:

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
vz 5.7 with OTR, 4-1s, high flow cats and twin 3" cat back and mafless tuned - i get about 15L-17L/100km around town depending on how heavy my foot gets, avg speed about 31km/h. on the highway it's a lot lower.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
on the freeway, it can get as low as about 8-9L
but right now its saying it is sitting on about 22L.

not exactly driving it to be overly economical though :p

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
My VX SS is very good on the highway usually averages around 9 to 10 L/100 km, if I am stuck in traffic or do lots of short trips it is another story, worst I have seen is 19 L/100 km but usually averages around 16 L/100 km around town, car has just clicked over 85,000km so it may be coming up for its first set of O2 sensors, last time the mechanic checked he said one was a little slow to respond but still working and no error codes showing up. They are not the most economical around town in stop start traffic, I have been monitoring my consumption for the past 18 months using the km travelled and the amount to refill using the same servo and the same pump all the time. Most of my travel is in traffic and shortish trips.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
V8 can get down around the 11-12L per 100km on the highway,

but around town:
V8, 10km each way to work = $40 (roughly 17L) gone in 4 days (Suppose that is around 80-100km's including the odd detour)
Harley gets 2weeks of commuting 6days a week out of the same $40 (17L) which is around 240km's. It's a whole second quicker down the quarter mile too. Gotta love the petrol savings of a lightweight.

monkey

Donating Member
Reaction score
Lol, I need an 8, I had no idea they were so economical.

Its not easy, not much fun either If i was only driving around town i wouldnt drive an 8. Must say i am surprised by it too but a week in traffic or a good cruise through the hills will see it quickly climb. Thats why i NEED a cam, cai, tune, new tyres, efilive, head job would be nice, so it will be more "economical".

PS thanx Santa.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
basic cam head shave/cleanup springs tune 304 rebuild 10L/100 average over all driving conditions no closed loop in tune.somethings wrong if youre getting 22l/100