Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wheel bearing?? how do i know??

IDO-360

3800cc
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp spak
my vp commodore is makinga funny winding sound on the left side of my car wen i put my foot dwn. . sounds like its cuming from te wheel is it a wheel bearing??

Rubber_Burnin_Gal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S2
it will also sound louder the quicker the car is moving and then lower as the car is slowing down, well mine did this when it was about to die.

v8commie

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais 5.0 efi
for the front pull and push the wheel in a in and out motion if there is play would indicate bearing play which would result in noise for the rear youve really gotta take out the axle and have a look

lightning94

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive wagon
can u tell if its coming from front or rear. It could be a wheel bearing, diff or uni joints in your tail shaft you said when u put your foot down (only when ) or it gets louder???

clutch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, R33 GTST
is the noise a "whine" or clicking/crunching noise? my wheel bearings on my vk had to be changed, and they were crunching and clicking, the slower the car wen the slower the noise happened, when driving in a straight line, do you feel the car jerk sideways? as if the wheel is slightly loose? can you keep your steering wheel dead straight and not have the car pull eather side and have to correct it? (the jerk is only very minute) if it does this, replace your bearings.

neet_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 XR6T & 1990 VN dragcar project
Easiest way to check if you've done a wheel bearing: When it finally goes, your wheel will fall off doing 110kp/h on the hume.

Well thats what happened to a bloke I know, lol.

peckzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr series 2 v6
easy way i got taught, when checking tyre rod ends, grab ure front tyre by the each side horizontally (not top and bottom) and see if there is movement, if there is thats your tyre rod end if not its not, and with wheel bearing grab the tyre from top and bottom (when jacked) and see if there is movement vertically and if there is thats your wheel bearing (sorry about poor spelling)