Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wheel lock nuts - ve ssv

STOCKY SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
I have been thinking of putting on the GM Accessorie locknuts on my VE SSV.
Is it worth it? and has anyone had any issues with the locknuts, or is there anything i should be aware of before putting them on?

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
I had a set fitted when I bought the car. Still have my wheels so I guess that's a positive. Only thing to consider is to make sure you take the bloody key with you when you have tyres fitted or have a service or else the shop will scratch the crap out of your wheels trying to get them off!

vicarious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 SPORTWAGON
and also get the matching colour ve screw on lock nut cover

STOCKY SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Thanks

Thanks for your help. And yes the black nut covers are a must.
Cheers.

vz 914

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE HSV GTS , VZ UTE, VL GROUP A
getting a replacement key can be a bit of a drama . Holden dealer will be no help as the genuine holden type i have are made by Mcgard in the good old USA , and you have to source key direct from them .Also keep all the serial numbers in package in case you have to do this.

My Meanie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 HDT Group A SS Blue Meanie & 2010 SSv Ute
Had my lock nuts in my shed waiting for my new wheels and some idiot stolen on of my SSV wheels, they would have taken all but I hink they got distrurbed, well worth the money, I have just bought a second set as I wanted chrome wheel nuts. Always laugh when I see a white VE SV6 or better with a sunroof and no lock nuts.................. all the money on a nice car and couldn't afford $400 for a colour and $70 for protection................ I will use my spare lock nuts on my next VE and get the lock nut covers they look heaps better

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
Wouldn't it be a sensible idea to have your locknut key in the car, cos if you have a flat and need to change it you will be stuck :hmmm:

2t4me

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Sportwagon
I know this is a really old thread but its bbetter to add to this then start a new one!

have just purchased an SSV Z Wagon and it doesnt have lock nuts on it - something I intend on rectifying!

I rang holden and they're telling me that there is a specific kit for the "redline" packs... it comes with 20 nuts, 4 of them being locking.

the cost is $122..

does this sound right - not fussed about the cost but just wondering if the kit sounds right?

cheers

Shm1ck

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Thunder Ute
Yes this is correct, redline differs from normal