Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wheel repairs in Adelaide

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
As mentioned some places will not go near a cracked rim, simple cya policy... in vic atleast (and can be found in the vsi documents) alloy rims that are repaired are unacceptable (sure if it's rolled to get a dent/buckle out or is a simple machining job to remove gutter rash then it's usually not a problem, but i'd say that's a grey area as cold working alloy hardens it and makes it more brittle)

If a cracked alloy fails where it's been repaired which is a high possibility (aluminium alloy metallurgy can be very difficult to work with especially when there is no info on what the alloy actually is) then the vehicle (atleast in vic, check your states regulations) would be deemed unroadworthy and you'd be uninsured, if it was involved in an accident from this fault and if it came back on the company that did the work.... sometimes it's just not worth the gamble.

edelbrock1

Reaction score
Members Ride
AllPaw CV8 & HSV Coupe4
Extensive Wheel Services - Best Repairs and Modification

I have used these guys for most of my wheel mods over the years. Knows his stuff and turn around time is pretty good. He really needs to see the wheel to know if he can fix it.

Then directly across the road is this guy.
Adelaide Wheel & Rim Works
He offered to weld up an alloy wheel when extensive didnt want to do it. So if you dont get a cigar with extensive, just walk across the road and see what they can do.