Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

When I accelerate, the fan blows to my feet VN

Chuff

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
Hiya All,

If I've got the fan in my VP running, either heating or A/C, and I have it blowing through the face vents, when I accelerate resonably hard, the face vents stop blowing, and the air goes to my feet. :confused:

Is this normal?

Can it be fixed?

Thanks!

BYE! :wave:

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
look for the small black and white valve in the vacuum line, it will be faulty
other thing could be the vac tank is broken

Cheers Rob

Chuff

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
Doctor Bob said:
look for the small black and white valve in the vacuum line, it will be faulty
other thing could be the vac tank is broken

Cheers Rob

Thanks Doc.

I'm guessing this valve is a 1 way jobbie. If so, then it makes sense. Exactly where is this vacuum line located so I can find the small black & white valve?

Catch ;)

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
I am so glad you asked this question because we have been having teh same drama in our vt calais, had the thing back to the dealers 3 times already to be fixed under warranty but the numbskulls have got no idea. Will have to give that a go, if it works u r a legend :)

mixin

Ol' fart, young heart!
Reaction score
I've had the prob in numerous customer cars too, and most times it is the one way valve.
In one case an idiot had removed the vacuum bulb entirely to make way for a PVC CAI setup.....

However, twice now (VS Stato & VSII Calais) I have changed the vacuum hoses, vbalve & bulb and the problem remained. Turned out to be the clear soft acrylic fitting that holds all the hoses on the back of the solenoid pack had lost its seal on the solenoids cusing them to leak vacuum. Under normal conditions the engine produced enough vacuum to overcome this, but under load there wasn't enough vac.

stheggie

Reaction score
Theres a guy on here who knows all about A/C.
I had the same problem, he explained that its to do with low vacuum or something. And it has to do with when the car is reving hard / working hard for a period of time. Ie, climbing a steep hill. Apparently is normal. As long as it doesnt do it ALL the time.

gsmrobinson

Reaction score
NOT normal, just common!!!

a/Check the valve (near the rear of the engine) located near the fire wall connected to the vacuum line. Some dealers replace them and put them on the wrong way.

b/Also check that vacuum reserve tank is 1. there (under wheel arch on most models) 2. is connected to a vacuum line 3. is not damaged

c/Disconnect the heater tap vacuum line and blank it off and see if that solves it

d/Check the vacuum switches and solinoids behind the dash.

These are the most common causes of the symptom, It will happen when you accelerate hard, go up a long steep hill or tow something heavy, its common but not actually meant to be normal except under very abnormal situations which most people would never come across.

regards Guy

p.s. I might have explained the whole test thing in detail in the VP or VR sections some time back

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
I'm having the same problem with our VT calais, would the problem be the same as already mentioned or is there a major difference between the air con in the VP and climate control in a VT?

Cheers, Julie

gsmrobinson

Reaction score
Basicaly the same problem. All to do with vacuum faults...look for the same type of things in the later models.

Regards Guy

tcarman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 2001 Executive 3.8L
I have the same problem in my VX though it blows to the windshield. I will have a look at what you guys have suggested.

Thanks.