Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

when i turn on Air_conditioner my Engine lost the power

Status
Not open for further replies.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
So nothing is wong now?

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
jesus christ....this threads giving me a headache, wtf!

Wong

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT executive
iT's still has the same problem.I think.I have to change ignition leads

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Dont bother changing anything, it comes by age.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
check ur purge hose 2, its under ur engine cover on the bottom/under side of the throttle body (you may need a torch) It comes off the bottom of the throttle body itself and has a 90 degree bend and then another piece joins into it somtimes if this is cracked or not sittin on properly it can give u a rough ride also, do it at the same time u check or change ur leads

BRITTO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S/C SIX
Not really sure what you are on about however every car i know loses power when the ac is on it is particularly noticable in smaller cars due to the the power lost by running the compressor.
I used to turn the ac off to overtake etc when i drove a 4 banger.
If you car does not have as much power when the ac is on you do not have a problem its just common sense.

Jamsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
TBA
Those split system house air-cons use 2 - 8 hp to run... now keep in mind that although in the car its a smaller compressor. It probably does use something within that range to run. Car Air-Cons are very effective sometimes moreso than house air-cons so take your mates car for a drive with air-con driving and see if it also loses as much power. Most cars have this problem.

harveyt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim
I think my car got similar symtoms like yours. The car shake under acceleration and it is very noticable when driving above 80kph. I am not sure if I should change the leads. let me know how you fix the problem. all the best and happy new year to everyone.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
I think my car got similar symtoms like yours. The car shake under acceleration and it is very noticable when driving above 80kph. I am not sure if I should change the leads. let me know how you fix the problem. all the best and happy new year to everyone.

urs would b leads mayb plugs aswell im goin through that atm just waitin 4 my leads 2 turn up so i can do it wen they turn up i'll tell ya 4 sure thats the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.