Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where can I buy an OTR CAI for VX LS1 with Monaro bonnet

rexxpro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS s2 5.7 A4
Hi all

I have a VX SS series 2 sedan with a 5.7L LS1 that I would like to put an over the radiator cold air intake on but because the car has a monaro (twin scoop) bonnet, I can not find one to suit.

Currently I have only contacted some performance places through email but all the replies have been that they do not have one to suit with the monaro bonnet.

Does anyone in here know where I can buy one to suit from?

thanks for your help

King diddy calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais 05 Alloytec 190 with a secret mod

tyrefryer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodores!
Get a RAMJET :)
The standard VCM alloy OTR's can fit with the monaro bonnet but its a bit of mucking around and is still tight.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais, VU II SS
I agree with Tyrefryer as I've just fitted a Ramjet to my VU II SS ute. $650 on eBay free postage, MAF or MAFless & really good support as I had to grill the shop owner as to the size of the Ramjet's opening & other probs I had with the installation.
As to your bonnet, I'm not sure how different your Munro 1 is but with my stock bonnet it fit under with a tiny adjustment of the striker lock pin but still looks flush with front guards.

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
I bought my ramjet from my local tuner for 400 brand new

rexxpro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS s2 5.7 A4
Thanks for the info guys.

I will look into the ramjet and the duspeed ones. Once I buy one will get a mafless mild tune, to keep me going until I get new crate motor from the states and twin turbo it.

Hando3051

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vu ss ute
Hey dude I have a vu ss ute and put vy ss front bar & fluted vz guards & vy gto Monaro bonnet on it BUT also already have vu otr induction .f&@:kn bonnet won't close. Any ideas with small cost. Cheers hando!!!!!

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
You can cut the top of the plastic above the radiator and/or cut the radiator mounts in half -this requires removing the radiator