Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

where can i get a good turbo kit for my 5ltr ute!!

braundog

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Holden ute
hi lads, any one know where i can get a good turbo kit for my vs v8 ute.. i only want to buy the kit as i will be putting it on myself(turboed my v6 as well so have an idea
any info would be apprieciated, cheaper to buy a kit or source all the bits myself? cheers

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Good luck with a kit. Only one place I know and they sell the complete kit for big $$$$$

T-rex

Reaction score
Members Ride
4 Banger Hilux
I'm pretty sure you can get a kit for about 5k *I think* from a supplier on calaisturbo, if you can weld you would be able to knock something up pretty cheap.

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
I remember eze10's performance had 8psi kits around $6500

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
eze10's is the only place i know of, but their cars get results

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
eze10's is the only place i know of, but their cars get results
Problem is that the kit is worth no where near what they charge.

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
Go custom, you wont regret it.

braundog

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Holden ute
yeah i think im just gunna source everything i need myself. 6boost makes great log manifolds so ill start there! thinking 60lber simens deka injectors, bigger fuel pump, 2bar map sensor new 3inch exhaust big intercooler {get my local shop to make up pipeing} bov, o2 sensor bugs, vaccume hose, boost guage, boost controler, wastegate, oil line kit, oh yeah and what would be a sweet turbo to run on the 5ltr? any ideas? and a sweet tune!

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
We're building a twin turbo EFI 253. I made my own log manifolds which owe me bout $100. Made them outta old extractors and steel pipe. Not the prettiest of things but not bad for a first attempt lol. Flanges were about $20 off ebay. The turbo's cost us $500 for the pair. Using 2 external tial copy wastegates, 2 bar map sensor, malpassi rising rate fuel reg, bosch 42lb injectors, bosch 044 pump, surge tank, 600x300 intercooler. Made our own dump pipes as well. Aiming for 200rwkw on 10psi, and that's with using a stocko delco ECU with a foamy tune. Haven't done the intake piping yet, and still waiting to get the memcal back from greenfoam.

All up so far the entire project (including the cost of the car, EFI gear and motor) owes us about $3000.

DSCF7879640x480.jpg

IMAG0298640x480.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
yeah i think im just gunna source everything i need myself. 6boost makes great log manifolds so ill start there! thinking 60lber simens deka injectors, bigger fuel pump, 2bar map sensor new 3inch exhaust big intercooler {get my local shop to make up pipeing} bov, o2 sensor bugs, vaccume hose, boost guage, boost controler, wastegate, oil line kit, oh yeah and what would be a sweet turbo to run on the 5ltr? any ideas? and a sweet tune!
If it was me I would make up my own manifolds, the 6boost ones are very expensive considering you have to use a standard manifold on the drivers side. If it was me I would use a 35/40 from a BA/BF XR6T. Internal gate setup would be a lot easier.