Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[NSW] Where can I get my computer and Immobiliser checked?

nitrovo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Exec VY.
Hey guys,

Sorry if this is somewhere on the forums already or posted in the wrong section, just wanting to find out asap but i'll check out the forums after this post.

I've got a 2004 VY and the other day I couldn't get into my car. I called NRMA, had to pay $240 to sign up for roadside assist on the spot and get them out. They broke in, unlocked my door and my remote was working again. My key lock seems to be rooted, must have always been like that as I've never used it since buying it 8 months ago.

Then the other day my car wouldn't start, was getting the message to check my immobiliser. Sat in my car, locked the doors and unlocked and then my car could start again. Seems the immobiliser needs to be reset by locking and unlocking it.
I've only got 1 remote and it's happened a bunch of times in the last week. At least I know whats causing the problems and how to get my car going again but I need to get it checked out.

Where can I go to have the remote checked out?

Also need my airbags checked as I get an airbag failure message each time I start up.

I've enquired at Paul Wakeling in Campbelltown and they want $100/hr to suss out the problem + parts and labour costs on top of that. After my NRMA and xmas costs, I'm looking for a cheaper alternative.

Do I need to go to a special Holden service center where they'll charge me that or is there some other joint I can hit up?

Also while I'm asking, where can I purchase another remote for my car should my current one fail me again?

Thanks guys