Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where can i get Vaccum now that i have supercharged my car??!

timbra_88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Calais 5ltr
Hey guys, as the title suggests, I've just put a CRS supercharger on my series 1 V6 Vn and im trying to find somewhere to hook my BOV up to but every vaccum line is now running boost through it:my:. I have seriously looked everywhere, charcoal cannister, fuel reg....Its all boosting now... There has to be a simple answer to this. I must just be missing something. Any help is much appreciated :)...Tim

anton1o

[GMHVN6]
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 6 Berlina '90
atmo it :p

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
my instructions told me where to get it
its from fuel reg line is where i got mine
back of p/chamber

xcop5l

4th year spanner spinner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN ex cop 5L
when you are off the throttle at idle with the blower on there will not be enough boost to stop a vacume, so any of the vacume points on the plenum/ manifold should be fine. when i did my cousins we ran it from where the pcv valve used to be hooked up. it worked fine

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
drill a hole in the elbow, then tap a thread and put a barb in. that is what i did. works good

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
i run my bov vac lin off the map sensor vac hose and it works good and i have my boost gauge going off the fuel reg, i used to have the bov running off the fuel reg and it worked fine aswell, they are only under boost when the throttle body butterfly is open and have vacume when the the butterfly is closed which is when u want the bov to vent the excess pressure, so when u are on the throttle the bov isn't working and when your foot is off the gas the bov is working, but as defa said u r better off drilling and taping a seperate hole for bov and boost gauge, i will get around to it one day.
hope this helps
Matt