Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where do I put my etag?

J

jonathan9813

Hi,

Just got myself an etag and the instructions say some European windscreens have a metallic layer and to put the etag on the section of the windscreen covered in dots to ensure the tag works.

My VX1 Acclaim has a section immediately above the rear vision mirror that is covered in black dots, but I didn't think we had those metallic screens in Oz.

I see plenty of people put the tag just under the mirror, but would I be better putting it on the 'dots'? The instructions also say more than 7cm from the top of the windscreen, but the dots only go down about 4cm.

Any thought/comments?

Thanks guys.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I've got mine in front of me right up the top of the windscreen in the blue tinted section, so you can't really see it from the outside. I didn't worry about the 7cm from the top, I put it right up the top and it works fine. I'm sure it would work equally well above the mirror.

VX_GIANTZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VX Equipe
i doesnt really matter where u put it aslong it is near the window. i have mine at the bottom of the dots. its the a suitable place as the mirror blocks it. if u want u could put on the parcel shelf and yes it does work.

Demons1964

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais, WHII Statesman V8, VC L 202
Are you planning on leaving it in your car permanently?

When I first got one here in Melbourne my wife stuck the clip permanently to her pulsar. Good luck getting that clip off again. So when I borrow it in either Statesman I just put a couple of those thick red rubber bands around either end to stop it sliding over the dash and chuck it temporarily in the corner of the windscreen on the passenger side. Never had an issue with it not beeping in the WHII (2002 model) and I can remove that unsightly thing from my car at my leisure.

chippy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx executive 3.8l s1, vs s ute 5.0l s3
I have mine behind the rearvision mirror so you cant see it from inside the car when you are in the drivers seat it works fine.

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
never mind read up on it we dont have road tolls in perth !! :D

Fiddler100

Fiddler100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTCalais 98
I have mine above the rear view mirror and it works fine. I got extra E-tag holders from city link for my partners car.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Just dont wrap tinsel around it, it stops the etag from working :D