Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where do i stand, sold car.

richardsworkcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXECUTIVE S2 V6
Not your problem, it is the person who did the RWC. It will not bite you in any way shape or form. The issue is with the tester. Hope this helps you sleep. Regards Richard

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 Monaro V2 CV8, '90 Toyota Sera
Buyer Beware. If it was sold with a RWC then there is no problem for you.

He doesn't want to pay for the repairs to damage he most likely caused. Don't give him a cent, don't even waste phone calls on him.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Not your problem, it is the person who did the RWC. It will not bite you in any way shape or form. The issue is with the tester. Hope this helps you sleep. Regards Richard

Yeah, but i also don't want this bugger causing my mechanic issues either cause he is a top bloke and yeah....

But i guess vicroads will looks at the fact that he's never had any issues with other RWC vehicles and he's been doing them for 4 years...

JUst this snot!

9C1pack

Reaction score
Be wary of any repairer offering a FREE 18 point safety check (or similar) they will always find something to keep themselves busy and the fact that the customer took it to them for this, signals to them that you don't know much about cars and are a potential high profit customer. The VACC in Vic have been lobbying the Govt for years to bring in a yearly inspection like NSW has, it would be like manna from heaven to them and their members, all those unseen bushes and ball joints to be replaced yearly. On the other hand the RACV does not support the introduction of yearly inspections as their accident statistics do not warrant it. As a major insurer they would be right behind the introduction if it cut their insurance payouts down.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Ok, as u know i sold my car almost 2 months ago now...

With RWC and all that...

Anyway, today i got an email from the guy that got the car saying he went into pedders for a front end alignment and they found 680 worth of "repairs" before they can align it.

Bush's, Alignment bush( 200 worth apparently), ball joint and 300 for fitting plus a few other things including a fractured mag. Naturally they guys said that this stuff should have been picked up @ a rwc.

Anyway, this guy said he is not happy and we is going to take the issue to vicroads.

I told him to go for it as the car was roadworthy and with RWC at the time of sale.

I also told him to get another quote elsewhere caus pedders are pretty funny sometimes.

I just want to know where i stand... they was i see it is

1. The bloke is getting dooped by pedders

2. Not my issue, i sold him a rwc and thats end of story, what happened from then till now is now my issue...

Oh, at the time of the sale the guy also for a RACV inspection on the car which was ll good.

SO yeah, i jst want to confirm this isn't going to come back n bite me in the bum somehow...

ALso upsets me abit, caus to fracture a rims... this dude is clearly not looking after the car very well and apparently driving it through pop holes...

Sigh

Assuming you didn't get a dodgy RWC lied about the condition of the car or hid any defects then it isn't your problem. From experience RWC reports are *very* thorough and god only knows what he has done since he bought the car. I'd say ABBA is on the money and I'd politely say that the car was sold in "as is" condition. As far as you knew the car was fine and and (as you said) perhaps he needs to get a second opinion. Not withstanding it will be his responsibility for and and all repairs to the car.

Reaper

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
mate once the car is in his name its game over. You are not liable for anything that happens. especially if it was sold with a RWC and passed an inspection. Just let the bloke know that if it was the day after u sold it to him he might have an argument but not 2 months, s*** car yard only offer 3 months. Its a risk that you take when buying a second hand car so other than having this tosser annoying you thats the only problem you will have.

Skitz

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Barina
I don't have much solid imput other than this;Your car is one I would not consider buying if I was the one doing the research.
Unless I was totally consumed by the sick aspect of the car and was willing to part with my cash.
I honestly feel sorry for the next owner for my reasons only,it does'nt surprise me at all that the car has issues with the undercarriage,it would be expected imo.
Although you should not worry youself a great deal,I don't think you have heard the last of him.

garywg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX lumina
If you are a member of the RACV call their legal department for advice - just to put your mind at ease but like everyone else here it sounds like you've done the rightie so it is buyer beware!!

Clutchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
I don't have much solid imput other than this;Your car is one I would not consider buying if I was the one doing the research.
Unless I was totally consumed by the sick aspect of the car and was willing to part with my cash.
I honestly feel sorry for the next owner for my reasons only,it does'nt surprise me at all that the car has issues with the undercarriage,it would be expected imo.
Although you should not worry youself a great deal,I don't think you have heard the last of him.

Why do you say this ? the car was sold with a rwc and the buyer had a racv inspection on the car for the price you pay for both of these items one would think one of the tests would of found the frontend buggered and a cracked rim ya would hope. Even if the car was sold with this damage stiff poo to the new owner thats how he bought it but 2 months down the track he aint got a leg to stand on he could of ran up the gutter last weekend and is just trying to get the damage fixed for free.