Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where does this plug go?? Urgent help needed!!!.

davus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII HSV SENATOR 5.7 / VTII HSV GTS 300KW
Hi All,

Putting the motor back into my vtII 5.7 genIII, and ive run into a mystery!!!. I have a black plug with a purple surround that i cannot locate the other end to to save myself!.

I have included two pics, one of the plug itself, the other to show the general location of the plug.

If anyone out there has a manual for a vtII 5.7 gen III who can look this up for me, or indeed if anyone knows off the top of their head, i would be very greatfull for their help. Hell, ill even throw in a free snickers!!!. HOWZAT!.

Im really hoping to finish the car off tomorrow, so urgent help would be just super. I know its already 11:00pm but surely there has to be a legend omongst us!!!.

Im not keen on starting it unless i at least know what the connector is for.

connector.jpg

overall.jpg

Cheers for any help available

Dave

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
I won't even pretend to know what I'm talking about but just throwing something 'out there'. Could it be a plug that hooks somewhere into the dash? Instruments would need to be connected SOMEWHERE.. *shrug*

davus

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi, I dont think it comes from within the dash. It looks to be clearly as if it is weathered and has been under the bonnett somewhere.

Ive done anothee hour of searching this morning and still no luck! Does anyone happen to have a gen III they can poke their head under the bonnett and have a look for me?

Cheers

Dave

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
Give me a second I will go and check mine out.

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
Only plugs I could find like that were the one that plugs into the air con compressor. Or on the passenger side of the motor at the rear of the head, there is a plug that plugs into a male socket as if it extends the cable.

davus

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks jim,

is there any chance you might have provision to take a snapshot of it and sent it to me?

I know there is one that plugs into the back of the inlet manifold, but thats not it as it is the wrong type of plug.

There is no way this would stretch to the aircon compressor either.

I think it may be tucked down the back of the motor or something. IO know its a long shot but if you might be able to have a bit of a look at yours i would be very greatfull for your help.

cheers

dave

clixanup

Has Left
Reaction score
How long is the wire?

It could be the Crankshaft Position Sensor - which is on the RHS of the block, above the starter motor.

Otherwise, behind the intake manifold, there should be a socket for the Knock sensor connector.

HTH

davus

Reaction score
Members Ride
clixanup......LEGEND!.

It was indeed the Crank Position Sensor located right near the starter. With the exhaust manifold on and starter in (with heat sheild) it was well hidden!.

Thanx for your help.

Dave

clixanup

Has Left
Reaction score
davus said:
It was indeed the Crank Position Sensor located right near the starter. With the exhaust manifold on and starter in (with heat sheild) it was well hidden!.

Thanx for your help.
Where's me free snickers? :yeah: :drink:

davus

Reaction score
Members Ride
LOL...fire me off your address and ill put it in the mail for you!!!.

:)