Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where have all the Commodores gone?

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
we are down to 8 now between us. its a unprecedented time
Why do people do that my mate has 10 cars everyone of them is a shitheap. Another bloke I know has a paddock full of rusting dungers that he looks at.

grey_hawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 Ute, VS V6 snotbox
Between 4 commodores = 29.5.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Why do people do that my mate has 10 cars everyone of them is a shitheap. Another bloke I know has a paddock full of rusting dungers that he looks at.
cant help loving shitboxes I guess ;)

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Omega, EA Fairmont (Restoration)
Can never have enough cars regardless of how they are hey!

I am about to inherit my partners grandfathers 2 1989 ford fairmonts. Gonna restore the better one with the spare parts car as best I can. Should be a fun little project!

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ

When my dearly beloved HJ wagon died in about 2000, I kept the corpse under a cover in the carport, praying to Rory for a resurrection miracle.
Alas, every time I pulled the cover off it looked worse, tin ants in the roof, doors and tailgate, plus I knew it had been repaired on a tight budget after being rear-ended.
The dream that kept it alive, was it had interior GTS options still in good condition, and the drive train and suspension was also in good nick, and I intended to do 'something' with the bits 'Wunday'.
About 5 years later a bloke asked what I was going to do with it, offered $200, and it was gone. :(

If I had kept it, it would now be on Gumtree, with @vc commodore posting a link to it > ' What next will they try to flog for stupid money ???'

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

Why not?

My younger days were spend occupying my spare time in the bedroom.....That turned out to be a stressful and bloody expensive exercise....Cars are less stressful and less expensive compared to kids....

5 kids and last count 12 grandkids

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
But there’s only so many you can keep in the bedroom:)

Cars are a good bedroom......

In the deepend, make your choice which one you sleep in

Want piece and quiet....Go work on a car.....Hear someone coming, crack the sheets by throwing stuff round and they leave you alone.

Oh and bedrooms....I think it's obvious I've had enough experience in them.....They've gotten me in a bit of trouble.... :)