Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where have people's manners gone?

BecStar

Kickstart My Heart...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Clubsport R8 - Vespers Blue
Thats why I'm a chef and not a waitress, I don't have to deal with customers complaints directly :) I used to waitress when I first started out in hospitality but didn't last long because of my short temper and use of colourful language towards rude customers lol

My brother is a mechanic for a rental company in Brisvegas and had the jobsheet for this car with a list of things on it, someone failed to put on there that some part had to be replaced, so he obviously didn't do it. So the guy comes back all pissed off and said that my brother wasn't allowed to work on the car ever again lol

'The customer is always right' rule sucks ass, especially when you know they're wrong.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
yeah, i see where your coming from minux, usually it dosent bother me. After all, they are in a sence paying my wage. but of late it just feels like its gotten really bad. some of the foul words and attitudes that ive experienced of late makes you feel like they are looking down at you like an animal or something.

One thing I never do in person at any shop is swear...drives me crazy, it is so bogan it isn't funny. Not sure how many times I have laughed at people going off in shops when the f word comes up etc. Then they turn their anger to me usually, amazing how quickly a person will leave a shop due to another customer laughing at them.

'The customer is always right' rule sucks ass, especially when you know they're wrong.

Yep, it sucks keeping those who pay your wage on side no matter what. Perhaps we could abolish that rule and we could start a thread on how everyone lost their jobs? ;)

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
Yep, it sucks keeping those who pay your wage on side no matter what. Perhaps we could abolish that rule and we could start a thread on how everyone lost their jobs? ;)

lol, when you think about it like that its pretty funny.

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
+1 for waiting a couple of weeks in my experience there are more nice customers than bad ones so keep focused and never take it personaly as thats the thing that gets to most people and then said people decide to act like an ass just to get even.

doms3

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz
Maybe its just me working in a high end car dealership but ive just noticed of late the amount of people who are just plain angry! Why? everyone i deal with seems to lack respect but has heaps of attitude, customers with unrealistic demands, mechanics carrying on like 2 year olds when everything dosent go 100% smoothly. couriers that are snappy. Sorry for the rant but its hard to get up in the morning and look forward to work when everyone you deal with has a sour face and an attitude to match, its quite unplesant actually. Bit over it. Maybe i need a career change. ok, feel better now lol.

That made me laugh Will

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
it goes 2 ways mate, if i go into a shop and the assist gives attitude/or isn't interested etc then there gonna cop it right back, onthe other hand a good assistant that is knowledgable, polite etc is going to get the please and thankyou in return.

worst thing is going somewhere and having to deal with someone who doesn't know there **** but worse is one who actually thinks they know what they are talking about, repco comes to mind here.....

at the end of the day, it's a sign of the times. these days people are in to much of a hurry to get things done because they have to much on their plate and not enough hr's in the day to complete the things required. with the economy the way it is doesn't help either.

take my employer for example, one of the largest printing companies in australasia, so when most companies are struggling in the current economic enviroment management decided to go after the staff to reduce costs because the can. our employer wanted us to word a extra 2 days a month (24hrs) without paying us any more. those extra 2 days where a saturday night shift and a sunday day shift and he wonders why people don't give a **** at work

-ToM-

Bow Down to the Emperor!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Exec [EMPIR3]
Yeah i deal with CBA staff from all over Australia, front counter plebs up to Corporate bosses, doing tech support for them.

Our business works to service level agreements. Basically every situation gets an SLA assigned due to people affected, business impact etc etc.

We get plebs with single user issues call up and abuse us all the time. Their reaction is funny when we tell them we want to talk to their manager so we can discuss the cost of the higher priority SLA the pleb wants, the charges involved, and what his district manager will think when a single teller machine gets priority over a primary data server (example of some of the demands made).

They usually shut up and go back to what they were doing quick smart lol

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
i deal with rude people everyday. I just talk over the top of them.
No doubt i've taken things out on places due to my mood but in the case of a place i bought my car i figure 40k means they can pandy to me for as long as i still pay them to service it.

WHile i always try to be reasonably polite, but as Minux said, i'm not there for small talk nor am i there to make any new buddies. They should be grateful enough to be getting my money let alone complain about niceties.
Niceties don't keep them in a job in this economic climate now do they?