Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

where is Pir4te ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
He was definitely helpful when I had questions an messaged him. This forum has changed a lot since I joined about 2 years ago.

Last edited:

brasher

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
yep, this forum used to be about making your car go faster, stop better and handle.

Now it's about plastidipping and "my check engine light came on... what could it be"

G8board if you want to learn some stuff

clubVE if you want to know how to wear a flatbrim and install neons in your boot.

SSVSE

Reaction score
Members Ride
my10 SSV SE L76
well said brasher and yes the G8board is the best one for our cars now.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Now it's about plastidipping and "my check engine light came on... what could it be"
This forum has always been about helping people with mechanical queries so not sure what you're implying there.

And if there wasnt a paint/panelbeating section recently added you would be complaining that the forum isnt providing enough variety of information. Looks like they cant win with some people. Slammed if they do, slammed if they dont.

The decision to ban Pirate was taken by admin because he broke the rules, having an overly loud opinion on everything doesnt make you exempt from these rules and if you make public and private outbursts and disregard the warnings you're going to get banned.

I suggest everybody just moves on. There will be another LS knowitall to fill his shoes around shortly. And you'll be asking Pir4te who?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
This forum has always been about people helping other people what ever the issue/problem.

You get the good with the bad, sometimes more good than bad and vise a versa.

Ultimately if you're going to make an ass of yourself than eventually you will get banned.....

brasher

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
it's about mechanical question as asking what tonight's lotto results would be.... it's simply impossible.

Now if OP stated, "I put diesel in my SS and the check engine light came on" you could put 2 and 2 together and give an informed answer, I agree.

bfhoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore
Yes this is a great forum always has been and have found the moderators very good, I have joined a few online forums and alot of moderators just police it way way over the top and are on a massive power trip. Take Bertie street for example many many moderators on there get upset if you mention something they dont agree with to the point where you are banned for having a conflict of interest.

I dont know what Pir4te did but it must have been bad to get banned from this forum.... Me thinks though maybe we could give him another chance..... Im sure most people on here are grown up enough not to let writing bad things on a forum get to them.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
If P doesn't come back I'll miss him, he had the ability confuse and educate me at the same time. I'd call him a forum 1% because usually people like him can't backup their talk.

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback
Tell ya the truth.
I didn't even realise he'd gone 'till this thread popped up.

true dat, forums have become a bit like that,
being a mod on a different forum , have seen some mods go on a power trip against people that don't register a blip on most members radar.

What did he say to get 'the ban'?

Relax , take a breath and stop clicking 'Report Post'.

You don't want this forum to go the way of LS1 ......... oops i mentioned them, that's a paddlin'

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
true dat, forums have become a bit like that,
being a mod on a different forum , have seen some mods go on a power trip against people that don't register a blip on most members radar.

What did he say to get 'the ban'?

Relax , take a breath and stop clicking 'Report Post'.

You don't want this forum to go the way of LS1 ......... oops i mentioned them, that's a paddlin'

Nothing wrong with LS1. I go there to get help with Commodore related issues. Have to honest, this site isn't as helpful as it used to be. I always found Pirate helpful but i also never engaged him in off topic matters either.

Status
Not open for further replies.