Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where is the tyre placard?

starkeyholden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra
My VP doesn't seem to have a tyre placard anywhere. I've checked the glove box, around all the doors and under the bonnet with no luck.

So it looks like i'll have to get a new one. Can someone please post pics showing where to put the tyre placard? and maybe someone can let me know what tyre placards say you can have bigger wheels ;)
Thanks in advance

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
pretty sure they're on the top of the front, above the radiator. be careful with getting a placcard from a newer car, as placards are slightly different between holden/HSV and it'll be pretty obvious that your car didn't come with 17" wheels from the factory

Stevob

Reaction score
Members Ride
May 1991 VN Wagon V6 Auto
Check with your insurance company as to how much bigger than standard you can go. Tyre shops will have the info regarding difference in rolling diameters for different size tyres for speedo accuracy etc.

samuels

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV XU6
starkeyholden said:
My VP doesn't seem to have a tyre placard anywhere. I've checked the glove box, around all the doors and under the bonnet with no luck.

So it looks like i'll have to get a new one. Can someone please post pics showing where to put the tyre placard? and maybe someone can let me know what tyre placards say you can have bigger wheels ;)
Thanks in advance
tyre placards are usually placed on radiator panel(right or left of bonnet lock)...or around strut tower,also in glove box.
if you cant find it,it's been taken off,as it is only a sticker.