Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where is TPMS module?

shanhsv

Luvo
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais V6 & VSII Senator 215i
I'm trying to find out if my 06 WL caprice has the TPMS in it. Problem is my caprice (how I bought it) has no motor, not battery harness and no dash cluster. So without ripping off a wheel and removing the tyre, I can work out if it has it. The TPMS module is located near back window, I cant find it in the boot area. Can someone please tell me if that's where it should be there or should it be under the parcel shelf. I'd rather not pull out the back seat to lift parcel shelf if I dont have to

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Follow the harness, if a heap of wires head under the parcel shelf, there would likely be something there.
There should be speaker wires, a heater wire for the demister and possibly a RG174 coax for an antenna.

If you can find out what the CAN wires look like you could see if that color runs up under there.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Doesn't it use the key remote sensor to pick up the wheel data from all 4 wheels?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I'm trying to find out if my 06 WL caprice has the TPMS in it.
Ask the dealer for a list of RPO codes for your VIN as that would list all the features installed at the factory and is handy information to have.

I’m guessing the RPO code down under is the same as that in the USA (even though we use different frequencies) so XL7 & XL8 should be the RPO code for TPMS (but not sure so cross check against the list you get from the dealer and report back ;) ).

The dealer will also be able to determine the part number of your TPMS wheel sensor using your VIN if indeed your car has TPMS ;)

Your bigger issue is whether all the required bits still exist within your vehicle or whether the previous owner ripped out too much when doing whatever he was doing :oops:

PS: just a random reference to some USA docs re TPMS

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Doesn't it use the key remote sensor to pick up the wheel data from all 4 wheels?
Not sure about the WL, but on my E3 to get it into 'learn mode', insert the key, turn to on, then press both lock/unlock buttons at the same time.

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
under the parcel shelf brother, you can just turn off tpms in the dash cluster, otherwise they use the old opel sensors which only had one frequency so don't remember them needing learning like the VE's. Was a primative system back then, all you saw was a warning, which useless on a car without runflat tyres

shanhsv

Luvo
Reaction score
Members Ride
under the parcel shelf brother, you can just turn off tpms in the dash cluster, otherwise they use the old opel sensors which only had one frequency so don't remember them needing learning like the VE's. Was a primative system back then, all you saw was a warning, which useless on a car without runflat tyres
Thanks, exactly what I was looking for. I haven't fitted a cluster yet as it was missing when I got the car. I do have a grange cluster for it tho

shanhsv

Luvo
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ask the dealer for a list of RPO codes for your VIN as that would list all the features installed at the factory and is handy information to have.

I’m guessing the RPO code down under is the same as that in the USA (even though we use different frequencies) so XL7 & XL8 should be the RPO code for TPMS (but not sure so cross check against the list you get from the dealer and report back ;) ).

The dealer will also be able to determine the part number of your TPMS wheel sensor using your VIN if indeed your car has TPMS ;)

Your bigger issue is whether all the required bits still exist within your vehicle or whether the previous owner ripped out too much when doing whatever he was doing :oops:

PS: just a random reference to some USA docs re TPMS

[/URL]
Cheers I'll do that.