Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where Oh Where?

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Anyone got any sugestions on installing a second set of 6 1/2 inch splits in a VS ute? i was thinking (maybe) in custom door pods, similar to what street machine magazine did to their VU4U project.
the factory speakers holes in the doors are full already. SM mag had 2 sets of splits in the doors. i am not that willing to spend a heap of money so i was wondering if there is another alternative.

also, is there anywhere i could take my CD stacker for a service? it doesnt like playing sometimes and skips on brand new CDs. i ran a lens cleaner in it but it did nothing. can any audio installer do this? or will it have to be sent away?

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
as for the cd stacker i have no idea but the speakers can be placed on the floor (in mounts of course) behind the seats so you still have movement of seats.
seen this done before works quite well

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
only slightly blocks the sound
but as you have the sub there hmm i dont know

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
i might have to ask the audio shop. im sure they would have some good advice. just gotta make some time to get in there. i am tossing up between:

a new head deck and another amp for the spilts
or
an amp to run 2 sets of splits and the sub and keep the old head deck.

sugestions? i have around 600 - 700 to spend

what good brands/models can i get for that price?

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
to be honest most of the brands these days are good but as they say you get what you pay for your best bet is to find one of those display boards with head decks speakers and subs and use that for a quick test you can get a reasonably good idea of what they sound like one suggestion tho is to take your own cd in and whack it in the unit and use that to test cause you would know what the cd sounds like already
most of the sales people in the shops know what they are on about so if in doubt just ask questions

xstatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt gen 3 berlina
howz it going

i really REALLY recomended taking a visit to tonkins car audio, i bought all my audio their and the guys know what they are talking about. Because the guys that sell the **** to ya are also installation mechanics so they know the best brands and ****.

cheers

scott

p.s GO FUSION

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
it might be a bit of a drama going there... i am in ACT! but the guys at audio tech are so helpful and know what they are on about. ill recomend then to anyone in ACT. they dont try to sell you the expsencive gear, the sell you the RIGHT gear.

xstatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt gen 3 berlina
Sorry bud most other states have them.

cheers

scott