Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where to buy custom crank pulley?

HSV.421

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Clubby 355
hi guys,
just wanna know where in sydney i could get a custom crank pulley fabricated to put another v belt grove so there is four belt spaces instead of three.
my power steering pump is a little offset and hangs in front of the crank pulley by about 8mm and was wanting to get that extra belt groove fabricated or buy a pulley already made like that so my power steering belt cant slip off ne more, or is it worth getting my power steering pulley fabricated like a water pump one so it sits 8mm closer to the engine.

any help appreciated if this thread makes sense to any1, i think someone else on this forum has a similar problem but theres no answer to how it was rectified.

cheers.

2INIL8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH COMMODORE 308
sounds like you got the wrong crank pulley to start with.
what model commodore is it?

fat084

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk 84
hey give neby engineering a call they are at smithfield 02 9604 5863

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
can you take one of the "grooves" off? the chev has an additional "groove" that unbolts and you can spin it around. its been ages since i looked at my holden one though.

thought VR's had the belt-belt. i.e. no longer V pulleys, more the delco style belt that runs up-down-around and over on the V6's

edit* another thought is to stick 5 mm spacers in your PWS pump bracket. offset the pump so it lines up. a lot cheaper than a custom fab pulley.

HSV.421

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Clubby 355
Everything came off the engine before i pulled things apart so all parts r correct as it did run b4. looks like my p/s pulley has come out 8-10mm so im gna compare it to another one 2moro.
cnt put spacers on p/s bracket as it sits further than crank already so it wuld make the problem worse.
thanks guys for the replies, feel its my p/s pulley so i mite just pick another one up from the wreckers.

HSV.421

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Clubby 355
u rekn i could hammer it back in without damaging ne thing, i know they get pressed on???

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
as long as you lined the keyway up straight and it isnt damaged, then hit it like youve never hit it before. lol. just make sure you hit the wood not the balancer cos you will trow it out of whack.

edit* balancers should just slide on and off, but usually the keyway gets a bit screwed, which means they stick. hence you needing a puller to get them off.

edit edit* make sure you take all the pulleys and stuff OFF the balancer, you wanna hit the balancer, not anything else.

HSV.421

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Clubby 355
ari i thought u meant hit the p/s pulley back in coz it luks like the shaft has come out a bit.
the balancer etc is fine, no need to touch the crank side.

anyways all sorted picked up a second hand pump and the pulley looks like its pressed in a lil further and it hasnt spit the belt off yet.

cheers