Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where to go for HSV parts?

Willie Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Holden Commodore Ute
Specifically, I'm looking for both manual hardlid release cables, to the tray and cabin. New or used. Thanks.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
What makes you think that they are HSV parts rather than the standard Holden parts? Don't Holden Utes have hardlids?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
What makes you think that they are HSV parts rather than the standard Holden parts? Don't Holden Utes have hardlids?
Different set up for Holden hard lids.
Maloo hard lid has a cable release in the cabin, Holden utes don't have an interior cable release.

Willie Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Holden Commodore Ute
To add a little more, Holden utes did not come from the factory with hardlids. All were sold over the parts counter or aftermarket. As far as I know, these hardlids have a manual push button to open, and often come with a keyed lock. These lids do not need a cable release because they are manual. On the Maloo, the hardlid is factory, and it and the tailgate have no external way to manually open it, so two separate cables are included, one operates from the cabin and the other in the tray. These are used when the battery goes dead and can't open electronically or with the remote.

I do not even know if either cable is still available. Probably discontinued years ago. My only way to get these is probably from a wrecker.

Generally, where do you go for both Holden and HSV parts nowadays?

Willie Ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Holden Commodore Ute
I just sent them a message.
I have been searching the internet for the last day looking for these cables. All I find are sedan cables.
Amcat's reply, "Sorry I can't get those parts, only HSV can help."

As I suspected...

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Amcat's reply, "Sorry I can't get those parts, only HSV can help."

As I suspected...
Contact Kevin Dennis, use my VIN, and let me know if there's any problems getting the bits sent to the US.