Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

where to put tweeters in vs? and to dynomat?

Razor-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE
ok thanks,
now i just gotta figure out where to put the cross overs, i dont think they will fit in the doors, but ill hav a look when i get them

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Put the crossovers in that little area on each side of the dash, theres plenty of room in there (i have the exact same splits and my crossovers are in there). Just cable tie them to a wiring loom etc.

crawfy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Berlina
hey bloke, i've got the same splits as you in my VS.
If you pull off the glovebox, there's a plastic shelf thing behind there that the left-hand crossover sits perfectly on. From there you can easily run the wires through the grommet in the door and to where ever you choose to put the tweeters. There's also a plastic shelf below the fuse cover on the drivers side you can use for the right hand crossover.
Good luck with it :thumbsup:

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
hey dude,
Depending on whether or not you have electric mirrors, you can run the tweeters in the location where the mirror adjuster would normally be, just poke out the factory circle panel and run your wiring to that point and use some good double sided tape to hold the tweeters up. Thats what I have done Works well.

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM
I am also planning on getting some splits for my VS Ute. Could you mount the twitters on that ledge behind the seats (infront of the rear windscreen?
Thats where i was always planning on putting them.

kinga

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
No point running these splits off the head unit mate. Your head unit will put out max 20w (if it is alpine, 15w for most others) rms per channel, and these splits need 60w rms per channel to drive them. There will be no gain in using them without an amp. You will be more satisfied if you amp them. Your factory 15w rms speakers will put out more volume.
I have been looking at the exact same splits myself, very nice speakers you will be happy with them, after you amp them
I too am looking at where to put the tweeters, I think the factory location will be ok on my vz, might be a tight sqeeze on the vs though, with a dashmat on you could afford to break the crappy little grill that covers the factory tweeter right off and just mount your new tweeter under the dashmat, no one will ever know.

Last edited:

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM
Where you can mount tweeters circled in red.
tweeters-1.jpg

Hey mate, where that tweeter is mounted, where does the wire run?

Razor-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE
for the one on the right ude have to drill a hole, or run the wire down the window to get in the door and then go through the gromit.

i put mine where the one on the left is. looks way better imo. theres a lil hole leading under the dash, thats where i ran my wire

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM
for the one on the right ude have to drill a hole, or run the wire down the window to get in the door and then go through the gromit.

i put mine where the one on the left is. looks way better imo. theres a lil hole leading under the dash, thats where i ran my wire

Where did you put your crossovers?

Robbo VS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV PHANTOM
Razor, would you be able to take a pic of where your tweeters and crossovers are mate?