Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where to spend a few bucks enhancing my wm v8

TrickyRicky08

Reaction score
Members Ride
wm caprice 6.0
Thanks for everyone’s input, though everyone is struggling to come to a consensus..
I saw a mate who has an exhaust centre today and he said if we start playing upfront then it can get pear shaped pretty easily so he has suggested I put some hotdogs in the middle that join the two sides to the exhaust system together.
My caprice has a k&n filter in it so I’m still undecided about going for a cai. I did watch a u tube video where with a tune and a cai gains of 40 kw were achieved!! (Same motor and pretty stock, I think.) I am getting it tuned soon regardless of the decision on the cai, as im getting it cheap:) so what’s the consensus about the air intake than people?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Thanks for everyone’s input, though everyone is struggling to come to a consensus..
I saw a mate who has an exhaust centre today and he said if we start playing upfront then it can get pear shaped pretty easily so he has suggested I put some hotdogs in the middle that join the two sides to the exhaust system together.
My caprice has a k&n filter in it so I’m still undecided about going for a cai. I did watch a u tube video where with a tune and a cai gains of 40 kw were achieved!! (Same motor and pretty stock, I think.) I am getting it tuned soon regardless of the decision on the cai, as im getting it cheap:) so what’s the consensus about the air intake than people?
I read up on this a lot, before getting a CAI for my Motorsport.
OTR's flow more air than stock, but can be affected by heat. Pods which are just placed behind a panel also flow more than stock, but can also be affected by heat, possibly even more so than OTR's. The Roto-Fab CAI's are a pod filter placed inside a sealed box, with a larger, less restrictive air pick up. The box is OEM quality and also includes a heat shield. Although a bit more exe than an OTR, they look great and from all reports perform well. Certainly favourable to traditional OTR's.
I've had mine fitted for a few months now and am very happy with it.