Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wheres A Good Place To Go

Dezza

your local HSV dealer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
Hey Guys
im just wondering what are the best places to go to get a sterio and speakers installed from in my vp.
Anywhere in the Perth metro area south of the river would b nice the only place i know of is strathfield but ive only heard bad things about it

D

DaveP

yeah im from queensland, we have strathfield here too, but its called brisbane car sound. they're supposed to be real ****, like they'll put all your **** in the car 4 ya, but it wont be done properly. i have a VN and had all my stezza done at sound in motion, do u guys have them in perth? otherwise do it yourself bro, head units are pretty basic, same with 6x9s ect, just put them in place of the stock speakers on the parcel shelf, and im guessin a VP is the same as a VN in terms of puttin in a cd player. if you get stuck, refer to the head-units installation instructions or just come on here, someone will be able to help you.

hope ur listen to ya tunes soon bro..

cheers, dave

D

dumpd6

i say fit it your self... all you need is the booklet a few tools and a bit of common sence because that way you know its fitted correct (how you want it) an so forth it isnt hard to do it your self you just gotta sit down an suss out what to do its more trial an error (just pull on things untill they come out or you find a screw that looks like it is holding it there) (thats all i do just pull on it an if it doesnt come off look for a screw i pretty much can do most things doing it that way i rarely brake any thing) because ive been told the pro's aint much of pro's they get paid buy the job = the quicker they get it done = the more they can do in 1 day = the more money they get they dont care about your car as long as every thing is (SITTING) in place when they give your car back they dont care

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
i agree with dumpd6....cheaper and easier to instal it yourself that way you know its been done properly and at the end of the day it is much more statisfying seeing something you've worked on instead of just driving in and saying install this and paying them
it isnt too hard get a Workshop Manual or follow the instructions in the how to guides on the main page and it should be a breeze